PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

AceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAceszHigh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: CAB Repository

someone on here made a site like this a couple of months back where anyone could upload/download at will... can't remember the URL tho

HOW TO integrate all your custom settings and registry tweaks into a ROM..the EASY way!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: vzw

impudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuffimpudent1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog611 View Post
Ok guys. Here it is. http://ppcgeeks.planetgallifrey.com/

This is just getting started. I could use some help getting this off the ground in the following areas:

- Developing an upload page to send CABs to the site
- Some new CABS/content
- Any suggestions
Not sure if its a typo, but Htorch is up to 3.2 I'll be visiting often
Attached Files
File Type: cab hTorch_v3.2.cab (46.3 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Device:XV6850 - Verizon Touch Pro
Radio: 1.03.03v
SPL: .35-comonex
5/2/09 SSK 2.0 20776

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

fsp48 is keeping up the good workfsp48 is keeping up the good work

Great Idea...I was thinking the same thing after flashing and having to reload so much. I have downloaded on so many different PCs that my what is current and old is all mixed up. It would be nice to have some rolling reference to what is the newest version somehow...especially the oem apps that are cut out of roms that many will want to load back on. (ie sprint nav, oz im, sprint TV etc) There are so many cabs so it could be a bit of work to keep track of them all.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EVO
Carrier: Sprint for about 6 years

chaos2137 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to chaos2137 Send a message via Skype™ to chaos2137

i think with alot of hard work this could be a very good project, just think of the posibilities, what you have now is a great start, do you need people to start sending collected cab file to you, there are so many out there. also people willing to convert some files into cab format. you will be a God in the forum if it can be done and i believe it can become greatness, i can just say, i wish you luck and stay strong in the process, this is a big deal you are taking on guys.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow this is an awesome idea, there should be like a shared wiki style repository for freeware/opensource software, completely with individual pages for each release and descriptions, QR/matrix codes for links, release notes, etc. Man... someone get on this, quick.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

cough cough yeah this sounds like a great idea! I'm all for helping... check out my sig for ideas :P

oh and in case you have sig's disabled, here it is http://ppc-repository.wikispaces.com

lol

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 03-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
cough cough yeah this sounds like a great idea! I'm all for helping... check out my sig for ideas :P

oh and in case you have sig's disabled, here it is http://ppc-repository.wikispaces.com

lol
omg yesssss, why isn't this linked in like stickies, or is it already and i'm just blinddd, more developers for something like this would be awesome.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

I dunno but that setup works better than forum style for a repository.

I am trying to find similar software to run on my own box (GhettoBSD) so we don't have issues with ToS. That way if someone has a problem they email directly and i can deal with it instead of having the site pulled for whatever BS reason (like go daddy likes to do).

Actually, i'd like to set it up here on ppcg... but i don't know who we'd talk to so we could get permission to do so (installing and maintaining etc)

Last edited by GhettoBSD; 03-20-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

maddog611 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the support guys. I will update hTorch later today. I'm at work right now.

To keep this going, I really need someone to help me write a cab upload/submission page. It doesn't have to be complex. All it needs to do is upload a cab via http file transfer, and I along with other approvers will review the cab to deem if its safe to put on the repo. The server hosting this site has php 5 installed. So anyone fluent in PHP would be a real help!

I also had another idea to go along with the repo. It would be nice to have a repo client on a PPC that can connect to the repo and return a list of cabs that are available. I'm sure those who use Linux are familiar with utilities with such behavior - yum, apt. If anyone is interested in writing such a client please let me know.

The goal of this project is to have something simple and comprehensive that can serve out all kinds of cabs without having to Google around to no end. A one stop cab shop for chefs, casual users, etc.

Those serious about getting involved, private message me and we'll collaborate!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

maddog611 is becoming a great contributor

I've updated hTorch, and added two new cabs:

- spinthebottlesetup.cab
- cleanRAM_v1.0.6.cab

I'll upload more as I find them. Also I plan on including a ROMs section soon. Keep checking back. Enjoy!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro