PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro on Boost Mobile? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61664)

musiqhead 03-19-2009 10:29 AM

Touch Pro on Boost Mobile?

I was wondering if it is possible to use a Touch Pro on Boost Mobile. I cant seem to find any documentation and the search on this site does not work. Can someone point me in the right direction if it is possible?

Cicatrize 03-19-2009 10:32 AM

Re: Touch Pro on Boost Mobile?

I'm sure it's POSSIBLE, if Boost is a CDMA carrier. You may want to call their tech support and see if they'll even allow a TP ESN.

Success100 03-19-2009 10:32 AM

it wont work. main reason...boost mobile works off the iden network (nextel). the touch pro is a cdma device(sprint). two different technologies. Boost has a few cdma markets but it probably wont work there either. Plus Boost mobile is SNAIL SLOW when it comes to data

thacounty 03-19-2009 10:32 AM

I don't think you can bro. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Boost Mobile is iDEN and that touch pro is either CDMA which will definitely not work because of no sim slot, or it could be GSM which I am almost completely positive does not work with the iDEN either. It didn't when I had Nextel.

thacounty 03-19-2009 10:33 AM

haha beat me to it success.

musiqhead 03-19-2009 10:37 AM

Its funny because I called Sprint to disconnect my service because the bill is hitting $200.00 a month because of my data card and the everything plan. I told them I was going to MetroPCS and they suggested I try to take the phone to Boost Mobile. This is why Sprint makes me so mad they say things that are not true. So Sprint and Nextel never consolidated their networks?

Success100 03-19-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiqhead (Post 782717)
Its funny because I called Sprint to disconnect my service because the bill is hitting $200.00 a month because of my data card and the everything plan. I told them I was going to MetroPCS and they suggested I try to take the phone to Boost Mobile. This is why Sprint makes me so mad they say things that are not true. So Sprint and Nextel never consolidated their networks?

no. (i work for sprint). Sprint/Nextel is one entity, but still operates the 2 networks independently. Your correct Boost is IDEN, and Sprint is CDMA, therefore Boost phones wont work on Sprint and vice versa

musiqhead 03-19-2009 10:42 AM

Well I guess MetroPCS here I come, lol

Cicatrize 03-19-2009 10:42 AM

Well if that's the case...then yeah...no dice. :p

Cicatrize 03-19-2009 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musiqhead (Post 782736)
Well I guess MetroPCS here I come, lol

Please, don't. :o