PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: boost

Isriam is keeping up the good workIsriam is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro on Boost Mobile?

I used metroPCS all over california and florida and it works great. Cricket is also another option.

Some markets ARE boost CDMA but most are boost IDEN.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Searched around apparently there's some people who have successfully swapped esns on Unlimited By Boost.

check out the thread over at HowardForums here

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixxtech
i am currently using a treo on boost unlimitted and it works fine.
Quote:
my data is not working well though.. if anyone has any info on mms/web etc please help. : )

Quote:
i just duplicated the w385 msid and esn for research and dev. purposes of course. dont want anyone getting all uptight and whatnot. : )
so it sounds possible...

if you go the other route like what they talk about in the thread like call in to Boost CS and tell them that the esn your giving them is an esn of one of the phones that they offer and they do activate it, this is what this guy had to say about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepaidguy
You can definitely activate a Sprint phone on Boost Unlimited, however, on a regular basis (monthly?) they will identify that the ESN is not part of the Boost inventory and request that you activate a Boost phone or your account will be cancelled.

Cheers,
Prepaid Wireless Guy
www.prepaid-wireless-guide.com
Old 03-19-2009, 11:36 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

OK I think the bottom line here is that you cant switch the pro the Boost. If anyone is going to know this it would be Success100

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoware View Post
what?

actually Boost operates as its own Entity,only thing they have in common with nextel is that they share the Iden network....

and....

Boost Pay-As-You-Go is iDen
Unlimited by Boost is CDMA

http://www.cellphonenews.com/archive...us_states_.php
as i said..there are SOME boost markets that are CDMA. Just because someone has boost unlimited does not mean they are on CDMA einstein. If that were the case anyone could use a sprint phone on Boost mobile. Secondly, if boost were unlimited ONLY on CDMA, then why dont we get shipped any CDMA PHONES TO ACTIVATE ON BOOST?? WE DONT!! And boost mobile is NOT its own entity. IT IS PREPAID NEXTEL. Yeah i just work here, I dont know anything.

IF you are in a BOOST CDMA MARKET, then yes i could see it happening with a bit of ESN cloning action but there is NO WAY you are going to activate a CDMA device in a BOOST IDEN market

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!

Last edited by Success100; 03-19-2009 at 11:40 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
as i said..there are SOME boost markets that are CDMA. Just because someone has boost unlimited does not mean they are on CDMA einstein. If that were the case anyone could use a sprint phone on Boost mobile. Secondly, if boost were unlimited ONLY on CDMA, then why dont we get shipped any CDMA PHONES TO ACTIVATE ON BOOST?? WE DONT!! And boost mobile is NOT its own entity. IT IS PREPAID NEXTEL. Yeah i just work here, I dont know anything.

IF you are in a BOOST CDMA MARKET, then yes i could see it happening with a bit of ESN cloning action but there is NO WAY you are going to activate a CDMA device in a BOOST IDEN market
Tell em again Success i don't think he heard you lol
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 03-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS
Threadstarter

musiqhead is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Why not try getting SERO? Or...whatever it's called now
What is SERO? I have no idea what that is.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:48 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqhead View Post
Thats another thread, go look it up.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqhead View Post
The most amazing thing in the history of cellular service.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post

ok look man

Boost has iDen unlimted plans too

WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT is

they launched "UNLIMTED BY BOOST" which at the time was CDMA only phones with not walkie talkie.

Quote:
posted Oct 23, 2007, 1:13 AM
Sprint today announced its Unlimited by Boost calling plans are available in 10 more states. Residents of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Oklahoma, and Tennessee now have the same options as California and Texas. These new Boost plans compete with regional pre-paid carriers like MetroPCS or Cricket offering unlimited calling from within a region for $45-55 per month. When roaming outside their home region, subscribers pay 15 cents per minute. Unlimited by Boost offers two handsets on Sprint's CDMA network, not the iDEN network traditionally used by Boost.
http://www.phonescoop.com/news/item.php?n=2495

apparently they stopped the CDMA unlimited and now they are back to their iDen network

settled????? jesus chill out man .... lol and i never said anything about activating a sprint phone on an iden network, i simply

Last edited by nanoware; 03-19-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 2 X TPRO
Carrier: 1 Sprint 1 METRO PCS

djsonar is keeping up the good workdjsonar is keeping up the good workdjsonar is keeping up the good work

I have a pro on metro, and it works fine, til you try watching a video.
anyways. Metro is starting to sell blackberry and apparently they are
capable of evdo
check http://www.metropcs.com/announcement...y/default.aspx

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro