PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro on Boost Mobile?

Guys,

Unlimited By Boost is CDMA...... the rest of the boost plans are iden or cdma so theoreticly.... maybe you can buy a cheap Unlimited By Boost phone, and change the esn on the tp with the boost one, change some more settings here and there, and bam!

or not

sounds pretty illegal....good luck!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Metro PCS
Threadstarter

musiqhead is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Please, don't.
Why you say that? I mean the only thing missing is the EVDO Rev A. Other then that Metro's network is basically the same. Mind you I cant use it all over the place like Sprint, but Metro has now grown enough that its in the places I go. I just hate having to pay about $115.00 dollars a month when I can pay $59.00 for the same exact thing!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoware View Post
Guys,

Unlimited By Boost is CDMA...... the rest of the boost plans are iden or cdma so theoreticly.... maybe you can buy a cheap Unlimited By Boost phone, and change the esn on the tp with the boost one, change some more settings here and there, and bam!

or not

actually no its not. check your facts. boost is a nextel product...as ii said there are A FEW cdma boost markets but 95% of Boost markets are IDEN only

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 03-19-2009, 11:04 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqhead View Post
Why you say that? I mean the only thing missing is the EVDO Rev A. Other then that Metro's network is basically the same. Mind you I cant use it all over the place like Sprint, but Metro has now grown enough that its in the places I go. I just hate having to pay about $115.00 dollars a month when I can pay $59.00 for the same exact thing!
I guess it depends on where you live, but when I was in Florida, everyone hated Metro. It was crappy reception everywhere, and if you ever went out of state, you're screwed.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

musiqhead is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoware View Post
Guys,

or not

I think the best thing to do is just call boost directly and see what they say.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yeah its possible since the work off of the same towers...but half the time i send pics to my brother who has the boost unlimited cdma version...he dont get them and hes never been able to get on the web on his phone so he canceled that part...but either way...i dont think its worth it much...sprint offers so much more on their phones then any other carrier in my opinion....ive had so much trouble with e veryone else ive been with...

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
Old 03-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

musiqhead is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
I guess it depends on where you live, but when I was in Florida, everyone hated Metro. It was crappy reception everywhere, and if you ever went out of state, you're screwed.
LMFAO, believe it or not, thats when I did have Metro. The reception was bad because they had really cr@ppy handsets. When I bought the Nokia Flip Phone, all those issues went away. The only reason i left them was because they had no Smart Phone, but now all that has changed and i can take my smartphone to them. I will continue to buy phones from Sprint (they do sell nice phones). Maybe I can call Sprint and have them give me my original plan back? It ran about &70.00 a month. If they wouldnt have tricked me into switching plans, I wouldnt be so unsatisfied.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:19 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Why not try getting SERO? Or...whatever it's called now
Old 03-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
actually no its not. check your facts. boost is a nextel product...as ii said there are A FEW cdma boost markets but 95% of Boost markets are IDEN only
what?

actually Boost operates as its own Entity,only thing they have in common with nextel is that they share the Iden network....

and....

Boost Pay-As-You-Go is iDen
Unlimited by Boost is CDMA

Quote:
As with all service plans available from Boost Mobile, there are no contracts, credit checks or activation fees. Unlimited by Boost operates on a dependable nationwide CDMA network, providing customers with high-quality wireless service that enables them to use their mobile phones virtually anywhere in the U.S.
http://www.cellphonenews.com/archive...us_states_.php

Last edited by nanoware; 03-19-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Weird, according to wikipedia Telus also uses iDEN technlogy, but we are able to use their radios. But then on the Telus site, it says they use CDMA-2000

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro