PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro - TouchFlo freezes when scrolling through all programs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61648)

piannetta 03-19-2009 05:07 AM

Touch Pro - TouchFlo freezes when scrolling through all programs

Hi there,

I have a Touch Pro and I've found that all of a sudden, when I go into "All Programs", I can scroll down the list up to a certain point and the scrolling freezes and the device locks up. The only way out is a soft reset.

Not sure why this is happening, all other features of TouchFlo seem to be fine apart from this.

I'd appreciate any ideas on why this might be the case.

Cheers,
Pete

selders59 03-19-2009 05:16 AM

Re: Touch Pro - TouchFlo freezes when scrolling through all programs

Welcome to site. Does it do this constantly? And are you running a stock rom? If you have the TEP insurance on your phone you can get a replacment from your carrier.
Remember if anyone helps click "Thanks"

piannetta 03-20-2009 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selders59 (Post 782369)
Welcome to site. Does it do this constantly? And are you running a stock rom? If you have the TEP insurance on your phone you can get a replacment from your carrier.
Remember if anyone helps click "Thanks"

Hi, I regularly post and reply so I understand the etiquette. But thanks for the tip.

As to my problem, it's not constant - I tend to find that if I flick hard to get a big scroll it seems to let me get to the bottom of the list. But if I scroll in small flicks, that's when it's more likely to happen. Pretty strange.

Yes, stock ROM.

Cheers,
Pete

[sammich] 03-20-2009 08:33 AM

Its definitely a program icon thats corrupt inside the exe. Try using the scroll bar to see which line it freezes on. Then go to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs and find which 3 links are after the last icon before the row that you phone freezes on.

Its one of those 3 programs.

piannetta 03-20-2009 10:35 PM

Thanks Saumaun, will check that out, you could be right given the behaviour I'm seeing

[sammich] 03-21-2009 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piannetta (Post 786765)
Thanks Saumaun, will check that out, you could be right given the behaviour I'm seeing

No problem. I'm 99.9% sure thats the issue. However if its not, post again so we can do some more digging :)

piannetta 03-21-2009 07:01 PM

Yep, found what I suspect to the the culprits. When I went into Resco Explorer, I noticed that the suspected links didn't display any icons, yet the ones before them did. So I've removed them and now I can scroll past them and access the whole list. Thanks so much for your advice. Cheers, Pete