PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   new opera in cab here (so far loads all webpages as desktop and not mobile) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61620)

caddieguy02 03-18-2009 09:48 PM

new opera in cab here (so far loads all webpages as desktop and not mobile)

1 Attachment(s)
i hadnt seen this posted anywhere...there are alot of threads about opera so i may have missed it...sorry mods if i did or this isnt aloud to be posted...

this is the opera build from the diamond 2 and or touch pro 2...so far this is way better then the one stock on the pro...its faster and the zoom is better and easier...and i have found that it loads most of my everyday sites in fll desktop style instead of the mobile site...i say most cuz there is still one that dont and that one being colts.com...the others like my fantasy sports sites and other sporting team sites loaded in desktop style...
i see alot of post asking how 2 load full sites so this version may be better for some of those ppl...no added registry tweaks involved after download...check it out

dschoenike 03-18-2009 10:01 PM

Re: new opera in cab here (so far loads all webpages as desktop and not mobile)

Thanks for posting caddieguy. One quick question though, do embedded videos work on youtube? Not a huge deal considering all the other apps available to use instead, but im just curious. Either way, sounds nice enough to try :) Thanks again.
dschoenike

Cicatrize 03-18-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dschoenike (Post 781764)
Thanks for posting caddieguy. One quick question though, do embedded videos work on youtube? Not a huge deal considering all the other apps available to use instead, but im just curious. Either way, sounds nice enough to try :) Thanks again.
dschoenike

In for answer on this.

caddieguy02 03-18-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dschoenike (Post 781764)
dschoenike

wish i coudl answer...not sure man i hardly ever use youtube from my phone and when i do its the youtube program that came with the pro and not from going to the site via opera...

please tell all of us kno tho after u try it lol

cchris81 03-18-2009 10:09 PM

15613.. there are 2 huge threads on this build... sorry on my fone n dont have the links but if u google it you will see the 2 threads one on here and the other on xda, i just googled "opera 15613" i like this build a lot, i think a couple people mention a little earlier build for better aplet control

cchris81 03-18-2009 10:11 PM

oh yeah, this build supports the official flash lite 3.1

caddieguy02 03-18-2009 10:12 PM

i have been using it for about a week now...so far i have no problems...what impressed me is that i use rss hub alot...and when reading articles on the hub it loads opera alot faster then the stock version...

Matchstick 03-18-2009 10:16 PM

will this overwrite the stock Opera on my TP (as in, when I click brower in my TF3D will it open this?) or is it going to be another separate browser in my programs list?

Cicatrize 03-18-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caddieguy02 (Post 781792)
i have been using it for about a week now...so far i have no problems...what impressed me is that i use rss hub alot...and when reading articles on the hub it loads opera alot faster then the stock version...

Yeah stock version is UBER slow.

Dr.8820 03-18-2009 10:21 PM

thanks caddie! i'll be trying this one out!