PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 06:41 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: new opera in cab here (so far loads all webpages as desktop and not mobile)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho0z View Post
does anyone know how to make flash lite run more smoothly? on skyfire i can goto www.watch-movies-links.net and watch full movie...but its choppy as hell...where opera+flash lite is near perfect...with minor draw back...any suggestions?
skyfire's webbrowser is special for the reason that it does flash video flawlessly. thats the only reason people use skyfire over opera. other then that opera is killing in every other aspect if you ask me. but to answer your question they can get close skyfire's flash, but it will never be as good.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work

If I install this on a stock Sprint TP, and it doesn't work well for me, is there a reasonably easy way to go back to the stock Opera? Or would that require a hard reset?
Old 03-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
If I install this on a stock Sprint TP, and it doesn't work well for me, is there a reasonably easy way to go back to the stock Opera? Or would that require a hard reset?
Don't worry about it, this is definitely better then the stock opera, by far. I gurantee you won't want to go back, but you would have to do a hard reset to remove it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO. Coming from Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

Garwood71 is just getting started

Lookin forward to tryin this as well. I want it to work w/Techs stuff. PIE is horrible. It's this or newer Opera or still waitin on Skyfire.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sho0z is keeping up the good worksho0z is keeping up the good work

can no one explain why my hardware keyboard doesnt work on webpages in opera now???
Old 03-19-2009, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

lgmayka is keeping up the good worklgmayka is keeping up the good work

This isn't working for me. Or rather, Flash isn't.

I installed this Opera version, then the official Flash Lite. No video. It then occurred to me that the Flashvideobundle from Tech's stuff was probably goofing things up, so I uninstalled Flashvideobundle, then reinstalled Flash Lite. Still nothing.

So how are people getting this to work?

By the way, http://powerdeck.sprint.com no longer recognizes the Touch Pro in this browser.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:17 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgmayka View Post
This isn't working for me. Or rather, Flash isn't.

I installed this Opera version, then the official Flash Lite. No video. It then occurred to me that the Flashvideobundle from Tech's stuff was probably goofing things up, so I uninstalled Flashvideobundle, then reinstalled Flash Lite. Still nothing.

So how are people getting this to work?

By the way, http://powerdeck.sprint.com no longer recognizes the Touch Pro in this browser.
I don't use flash but my opera works way better then the stock, which doesn't have flash also.
To fix the homepage in the address bar type in opera:config>user pref> custom user agent> then type in
"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP"
Old 03-19-2009, 09:49 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
can no one explain why my hardware keyboard doesnt work on webpages in opera now???
i wish i could help u man since i started this thread...but im not having that problem...maybe if someone else has the problem they will post the solution to it if they have it...
Old 03-19-2009, 09:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rlmentz is just getting started

Quote:

I think I was having the same problem you are. In any text entry field i would be able to type 1 letter on the hardware keyboard, and then it seemed like the cursor would jump out of the text field. I would then have to touch the screen again to put the cursor in the text field. Is that the problem your having? Do you have the keyboard light fix installed?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

thepiecesfit is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I don't use flash but my opera works way better then the stock, which doesn't have flash also.
To fix the homepage in the address bar type in opera:config>user pref> custom user agent> then type in
"Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP"

Once you set the agent to the above the phone will no longer load full websites but rather mobile. Just a note.

Last edited by thepiecesfit; 03-19-2009 at 10:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro