PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 08:33 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Battery Drained In One School Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgm541 View Post
even in a place with low signal ur battery shouldnt drain that fast.
If I'm in an area that's bouncing between no signal, 0 bars with signal, and 1 bar, it drains pretty nasty.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:26 AM
VIP Status!!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Lilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Lilhgarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgm541 View Post
even in a place with low signal ur battery shouldnt drain that fast.

have you applied all the battery saving tweaks?
is ur backlight set to auto adjust?
are you SURE ur data is off?

also.. how long have u had this phone? i noticed tha my battery life with my TP evened out with usage.
Yes i made sure all the backlights are low and set to auto and my data is turned off

I even change the email option to send/recieve manual so it doesnt even check for emails

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyahb;782e261
I donc't know about all that. My battery usually lasts at least a day, but there's one classroom that drains it from 90% to 20% in an hour and a half. Very weird position
really? when i go back to school i'll try putting my phone on flight mode all day and see if the signals are causing it and which running background programs are causing it to drain the battery that fast

but i won't be able to do that because i been suspended for 5 days so thursday i'll be able

M300 - Rumor2 - Treo 750 - Treo 755p - Centro - Blackberry Pearl - Mogul - Touch - iPhone - Diamond - Touch Pro
Don't Forget To Click

Last edited by Lilhgarcia; 03-19-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Go to a Sprint store and ask if they have any spare batteries. I had lost my first battery, which was fantastic and lasted the whole day and then some, but when I received a different battery from Sprint it could only last a couple hours before dying. I asked if they had another one, but a similar story. They said I could keep both and switch them out, but eventually I think I will try my luck for a better battery again. They ones they gave me were probably from a very early generation and are lower quality, or the people who used them before abused the crap out of them. Try your luck and see if you can get a newer battery from Sprint. I believe Sprint realizes this is an issue with the TP and sometimes they have batteries laying around from returns and repairs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilhgarcia1123 View Post
but i won't be able to do that because i been suspended for 5 days so thursday i'll be able
Did you get suspended for spending too much time on programming and surfing PPCgeeks on your phone, hahah

Last edited by Darkjedi; 03-19-2009 at 11:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff

Yeah, if you're phone is roaming, or constantly searching for a better signal, the battery life is going to be taxed heavily. I have noticed this to be a constant P.I.T.A.! Flight mode should greatly help out the battery life if you're not using it any...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Yes i made sure all the backlights are low and set to auto and my data is turned off

I even change the email option to send/recieve manual so it doesnt even check for emails

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyahb;782e261
I donc't know about all that. My battery usually lasts at least a day, but there's one classroom that drains it from 90% to 20% in an hour and a half. Very weird position
really? when i go back to school i'll try putting my phone on flight mode all day and see if the signals are causing it and which running background programs are causing it to drain the battery that fast

Yeah, just one classroom on the whole campus, my phone would heat up and drain. It may have something to do with the fact the classroom is on top of a bunch of engineering labs but who knows? Try flashing a different radio and see what happens
Old 03-19-2009, 11:59 AM
VIP Status!!
Threadstarter

Lilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIPLilhgarcia is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Lilhgarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
Yeah, just one classroom on the whole campus, my phone would heat up and drain. It may have something to do with the fact the classroom is on top of a bunch of engineering labs but who knows? Try flashing a different radio and see what happens
i did Sprint Raphael Radio 1.11.00F

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
Go to a Sprint store and ask if they have any spare batteries. I had lost my first battery, which was fantastic and lasted the whole day and then some, but when I received a different battery from Sprint it could only last a couple hours before dying. I asked if they had another one, but a similar story. They said I could keep both and switch them out, but eventually I think I will try my luck for a better battery again. They ones they gave me were probably from a very early generation and are lower quality, or the people who used them before abused the crap out of them. Try your luck and see if you can get a newer battery from Sprint. I believe Sprint realizes this is an issue with the TP and sometimes they have batteries laying around from returns and repairs.

Did you get suspended for spending too much time on programming and surfing PPCgeeks on your phone, hahah
ill try to get another battery

and no lol my principle wasn't really in a good mood so i got 5 days for lateness hoodie headphones and being disrespectful
Old 03-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
and no lol my principle wasn't really in a good mood so i got 5 days for lateness hoodie headphones and being disrespectful
ahhh the days of high school
Old 03-19-2009, 05:44 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

in my school i always switch between 1x and evdo so it drains me like crazy

Old 03-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Definitely... Crappy signal WILL cause rapid battery drain. Also, was your phone warm? If so, you may need to do a soft reset to get rid of any processes that have glitched and are now running extra CPU cycles.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sam. Moment, HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

dc13 is becoming a great contributor

I put the telus mobile radio 1.04 and wow did that help. the sprint radio is doing something wierd. and keeps the phone cooler at least to me..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro