PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Google Sync and Contact Images (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61571)

subhumanderelict 03-18-2009 02:00 PM

Google Sync and Contact Images

We all know about the issue with the contact images and how to fix them (if low-res, go to Menu->Change Picture, yadda yadda...). Now, it seems Google Sync is putting a whole new spin on things. I made a note of this in the Google Sync thread, but I think it got buried/run over.

I have ActiveSync set to synchronize with my Google account every hour. I used to have it automatically sync, but in my case it drained the battery more than it needed to (I update my calendar/contacts a lot). It seems that when it syncs, it reverts all the images back to the low-res version requiring me to go back and update them again. This happened when I had ActiveSync update continuously, but not as frequently.

Is there a work-around for this?

DougWare 03-18-2009 05:20 PM

Re: Google Sync and Contact Images

Sorry, I'm not hijacking your thread. I had numerous issues with activesyncing my Gmail contacts/calendars to my Touch Pro.

Pictures would randomly appear, my sister's picture ended up on about 5 of the 30 entries I had. Other info (like the company name of my insurance company) ended up being duplicated onto about 10 of my entries. I would fix whatever was being duplicated or not saved, only to find out something else along the way ended up screwed up.

I was really psyched about activesyncing to my Gmail account, but I gave up and started using our corporate Zimbra server instead.

subhumanderelict 03-18-2009 09:21 PM

Woah... Yeah, never had that particular issue, but I can see how that would be even more annoying. I really don't want to sync my personal device with my work's server for several reasons.

KCS2K 03-18-2009 09:52 PM

I am of no help but am having the same issue. I thought this would fix my missing sync/mac woes but no joy.

hsingh00 04-03-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhumanderelict (Post 780617)
(if low-res, go to Menu->Change Picture, yadda yadda...).

Hey subhumanderelict..not trying to hijack your thread but how do you fix the low-res contact pix after you sync via google sync? I've been searching for a couple of hrs and can't seem to find how out.

Thanks in Advance

subhumanderelict 04-04-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsingh00 (Post 822424)
Hey subhumanderelict..not trying to hijack your thread but how do you fix the low-res contact pix after you sync via google sync? I've been searching for a couple of hrs and can't seem to find how out.

Thanks in Advance

Go to Menu->Change Picture, then simply select the high-res image. The problem is trying to keep it that way once it syncs.

Baffles 04-06-2009 01:36 PM

I use nuevasync myself and it works fine with the images, two way sync on that to Google.

Devileyezz 04-13-2009 11:24 PM

NuevaSync, yadap. Besides, remember.. Google Sync is still *beta*