PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Aquinox is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Get rid of non-existant texts?

Hey all,

I searched the forum, but I didn't find anything to do with this problem. Maybe I was using the wrong keywords-- I can't imagine I'm the only person to have this as an issue.

I got my new Sprint TouchPro yesterday, and after installing ArcSoft (because I didn't know where the threadding option was) I restored all of the text messages from my old Apache. Now when I look at the SMS tab on TouchFlo, there's always a blank message that can't be deleted in front of any new messages I get.

I tried clearing my text messages and starting over and now there are 2 blank messages. When I look at the inbox, it says "Text Messages 2 Items." but nothing is anywhere in the Text Message folder, so I can't delete them.

It's driving me insane.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-18-2009, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff
Re: Get rid of non-existant texts?

Uninstall Arcsoft, soft reset, install Arcsoft again, and soft reset. That may work...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum...and try the advice in post #2 and report back.

late,
Coz
Old 03-18-2009, 04:33 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquinox View Post
Hey all,

I searched the forum, but I didn't find anything to do with this problem. Maybe I was using the wrong keywords-- I can't imagine I'm the only person to have this as an issue.

I got my new Sprint TouchPro yesterday, and after installing ArcSoft (because I didn't know where the threadding option was) I restored all of the text messages from my old Apache. Now when I look at the SMS tab on TouchFlo, there's always a blank message that can't be deleted in front of any new messages I get.

I tried clearing my text messages and starting over and now there are 2 blank messages. When I look at the inbox, it says "Text Messages 2 Items." but nothing is anywhere in the Text Message folder, so I can't delete them.

It's driving me insane.

Any suggestions?
I had this happen after a restore also. If you have sktools, you can go to messaging files, and there it'll show your "ghost" texts. Delete from there.
dschoenike

Old 03-18-2009, 04:36 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Which program did you use to restore?
Old 03-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Which program did you use to restore?
yeah, good question. When i had that issue, i had used spb backup. i switchded to sprite. wonder if he used spb also? hmmmmm
dschoenike
Old 03-18-2009, 05:36 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I use PIM and have never seen this issue.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Aquinox is a n00b

Sorry for the delay all.

I uninstalled ArcSoft after it put my texts in threaded mode because I didn't really want ArcSoft-- I just didn't know where to find the setting in the new phone. Newb mistake.

I'm using PIMBackup 2.8.0.0

I tried the soft resets, as well as SKTools. Under 'Messaging', I deleted every entry and the texts are still there. Could they be hidden somewhere else? Registry maybe?
Old 03-21-2009, 10:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

DanteHicks is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisen View Post
Uninstall Arcsoft, soft reset, install Arcsoft again, and soft reset. That may work...
Thank you
Old 03-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

dailydragger is a n00b

I had this problem because i accidentally deleted a conversation without reading 2 messages on my mogul and it carried over to my new touch pro using sbp backup

I fixed it by going to menu>tools>clear "text mesages"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro