PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Get rid of non-existant texts? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61569)

Aquinox 03-18-2009 01:36 PM

Get rid of non-existant texts?

Hey all,

I searched the forum, but I didn't find anything to do with this problem. Maybe I was using the wrong keywords-- I can't imagine I'm the only person to have this as an issue.

I got my new Sprint TouchPro yesterday, and after installing ArcSoft (because I didn't know where the threadding option was) I restored all of the text messages from my old Apache. Now when I look at the SMS tab on TouchFlo, there's always a blank message that can't be deleted in front of any new messages I get.

I tried clearing my text messages and starting over and now there are 2 blank messages. When I look at the inbox, it says "Text Messages 2 Items." but nothing is anywhere in the Text Message folder, so I can't delete them.

It's driving me insane.](*,)](*,)](*,)

Any suggestions?

MojoRisen 03-18-2009 04:13 PM

Re: Get rid of non-existant texts?

Uninstall Arcsoft, soft reset, install Arcsoft again, and soft reset. That may work...

CozBoogie 03-18-2009 04:15 PM

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum...and try the advice in post #2 and report back.

late,
Coz

dschoenike 03-18-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquinox (Post 780535)
Hey all,

I searched the forum, but I didn't find anything to do with this problem. Maybe I was using the wrong keywords-- I can't imagine I'm the only person to have this as an issue.

I got my new Sprint TouchPro yesterday, and after installing ArcSoft (because I didn't know where the threadding option was) I restored all of the text messages from my old Apache. Now when I look at the SMS tab on TouchFlo, there's always a blank message that can't be deleted in front of any new messages I get.

I tried clearing my text messages and starting over and now there are 2 blank messages. When I look at the inbox, it says "Text Messages 2 Items." but nothing is anywhere in the Text Message folder, so I can't delete them.

It's driving me insane.](*,)](*,)](*,)

Any suggestions?

I had this happen after a restore also. If you have sktools, you can go to messaging files, and there it'll show your "ghost" texts. Delete from there.
dschoenike

Cicatrize 03-18-2009 04:36 PM

Which program did you use to restore?

dschoenike 03-18-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 781058)
Which program did you use to restore?

yeah, good question. When i had that issue, i had used spb backup. i switchded to sprite. wonder if he used spb also? hmmmmm
dschoenike

Cicatrize 03-18-2009 05:36 PM

I use PIM and have never seen this issue.

Aquinox 03-18-2009 07:48 PM

Sorry for the delay all.

I uninstalled ArcSoft after it put my texts in threaded mode because I didn't really want ArcSoft-- I just didn't know where to find the setting in the new phone. Newb mistake.

I'm using PIMBackup 2.8.0.0

I tried the soft resets, as well as SKTools. Under 'Messaging', I deleted every entry and the texts are still there. Could they be hidden somewhere else? Registry maybe?

DanteHicks 03-21-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoRisen (Post 780986)
Uninstall Arcsoft, soft reset, install Arcsoft again, and soft reset. That may work...

Thank you :)

dailydragger 03-21-2009 01:09 PM

I had this problem because i accidentally deleted a conversation without reading 2 messages on my mogul and it carried over to my new touch pro using sbp backup

I fixed it by going to menu>tools>clear "text mesages"