PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 03:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nycxhobbes is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone lock issue

Ok guys I searched for a bit and didn't see this anywhere but if there is a thread on it I apologize in advance. I am on my second touch pro right now (first one fell in a huge puddle) but i noticed that every once in a while, although I lock the screen using the long end button press (i set it that way) the start button on the top of screen can still be opened. It happens occasionally and mainly just annoys me but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and if there is a fix for it?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:50 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Phone lock issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycxhobbes View Post
Ok guys I searched for a bit and didn't see this anywhere but if there is a thread on it I apologize in advance. I am on my second touch pro right now (first one fell in a huge puddle) but i noticed that every once in a while, although I lock the screen using the long end button press (i set it that way) the start button on the top of screen can still be opened. It happens occasionally and mainly just annoys me but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and if there is a fix for it?
To be honest, I was pretty displeased with the stock locking application too... I could never get it to work right and reliably.

You could try another locking solution. PocketShield is EXCELLENT (and as a tip, the beta versions don't have an evaluation warning, but please don't abuse that, if you like it, toss the developers a few dollars for their hard work. If you stop by the forums and look, they are VERY fast to address problems and solve them). I believe it would replace what you're looking for with no issues.

You can also try one of the other many solutions, S2U2 is free, and popular.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro