PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   water damage to pro.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61515)

cutz 03-18-2009 01:40 AM

water damage to pro....

dropped my phone in water now send button is not working....what can I do?

MoonZ*BabysH 03-18-2009 01:44 AM

Re: water damage to pro....

open up the batter cover and check to see if the "wet" sticker has been touch by the water. if it hasnt and you know theres no more water inside take it to sprint. if you think theres water still inside try puting the TP in in a bowl of "uncooked" rice, itll draw the moisture from the phone.

CozBoogie 03-18-2009 11:09 AM

Good advice with the rice...and moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz

Darkjedi 03-18-2009 11:31 AM

even better if you put the rice into a tupperware case and seal it. The rice draws down the ambient humidity and causes the water in the phone to evaporate faster. As long as you only dropped in clean water, you're phone should be fine. It's usually stuff like soda that can gunk up the insides, seawater destroys electronics as well.

Tinkturtle 03-18-2009 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonzbabysh (Post 779590)
open up the batter cover and check to see if the "wet" sticker has been touch by the water. if it hasnt and you know theres no more water inside take it to sprint. if you think theres water still inside try puting the TP in in a bowl of "uncooked" rice, itll draw the moisture from the phone.

What does the "wet" sticker look like once it's been wet?

p-slim 03-18-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkturtle (Post 780262)

All of the straight solid lines you see will be smugged.

CozBoogie 03-18-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkturtle (Post 780262)

Go here.

late,
Coz

Tinkturtle 03-18-2009 11:56 AM

Thanks guys.
Had a little flooding issue in my backyard couple weeks ago, TP fell out of my hoodie pocket into the water. A fast recovery, quick towel off and a little hair dryer drying anthe TP is all good. Wet stickers still show pink patch lines. I couldn't remember what they looked like before splash down.

carvation 03-18-2009 12:22 PM

saturday my tp hit the ground in a puddle of rain water it was almost completely submerged screen down, i quickly took it out and took it apart and was amazed that the indicators or the back inside didnt get wet but the keyboard did. after i blow dried it with a hair dryer and let it air out it was acting strange the call and the home menu button was dialing numbers, going thru the menus, i was frustrated and immediately filed a claim with asurion, meanwhile my tp started acting right with no signs of water damage but with a deep ugly scar that covered the right bottom all the way across the dpad. i got my replacement yesterday and by god its a spankin brand new shiny tp in the retail box with all the accessories (not a refurb)yessss. well the original tp gotta go, to many scratches, the problem is i will have to really dunk it in the water and i hate to do that but i have to. im currently using it for testing apps, i have 10 days to return it.

cutz 03-19-2009 12:47 AM

thanks for the advice.....will try the rice...thanks