PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 03:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

huckl3b3rry is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pioneer P7000BT and TP echo cancellation issue.

I bought a Pioneer P7000BT bluetooth receiver this weekend. I am running Mighty ROM 1.12. Everything works fine on it except when the person I'm on the phone with talks they get kind of a muffled and garbled feedback of their own voice. It only does when the echo cancellation is on. I called Pioneer and the guy that answered said he had never heard of the issue before and I'm not finding anyone else with the issue. I figured it was a problem with the deck so I just took it back to best buy and they replaced the deck. It worked fine for about 5 minutes and then the new deck started doing it which makes me suspect the phone. I did change bitpool and max/min using advanced config, doesn't seem to help anything. Going to try to flash a different ROM to see if that helps anything, but I thought I would see if anyone had any suggestions.

Thanks.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2/Diamond

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown
Re: Pioneer P7000BT and TP echo cancellation issue.

I have an avic f700bt and it had the same issues until i fine tuned the placement of the mic. Go to www.avic411.com. It is a forum for the avic series of pioneer radios. They will have plenty of info regarding how to get better reception. I know you do not have the avic series but the info should still help or at least give an idea. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:26 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

huckl3b3rry is a n00b

Thanks. I'll give it a try. The installer thought putting it in the A-Pillar work splendidly. I guess it did not. I tried a different phone today and it did the same thing, sounded great for about a minute and then got the garbled echo.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

lostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good worklostcausnjtown is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lostcausnjtown Send a message via Yahoo to lostcausnjtown

Yeah I don't think that was a good idea. Mine is mounted on my steering wheel.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:28 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

huckl3b3rry is a n00b

Thought I should update in case anyone searching for a similar issue can have more info. I pulled the mic out of the A-pillar and just put it up loose on the visor of my truck. That by itself reduced the echo garble by a significant amount. I'm going to update my phone's ROM and then wipe the bluetooth profile in my stereo and see if that improves it further or not. The stereo was a display unit with the mic mounted next to it so I notice there was some dirt, etc in it that I tried to clean out. I'll report on the progress later. Thanks for the input so far.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Maybe a can of compress air will blow that sucker clean. Mine has gotten a bit dirty due to winding with the windows down I guess. I think those mics are unidirectional anyway. By moving the the visor you direct more of your voice into it. Good luck with the bluetooth profile. In my experience, HTC phone have great range for bluetooth. I can also testify to the parrot technology in the pioneer. Enjoy your new deck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro