PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HELP!! Need to convert Sprint TP back from VZW service to Sprint service (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61442)

bast525 03-17-2009 12:34 PM

HELP!! Need to convert Sprint TP back from VZW service to Sprint service

I have a Sprint Touch Pro that I went through using the tutorial found here, to convert for use on Verizon's service. Unfortunately, I need to sell the phone and need to set it back up for Sprint service.

I had read several posts in the tutorial thread that stated that doing a Clear Storage on the phone would result in all the settings going back to stock, so stupid me I didn't write any of the factory Sprint settings down.

I have flashed back to the stock Sprint ROM and completed a Clear Storage, then loaded up QPST and found that all the Verizon settings are still there! I have a buyer for the phone who wanted to pick it up today, but needs it back to stock.

Can anyone help me??

shaun0207 03-17-2009 12:40 PM

Re: HELP!! Need to convert Sprint TP back from VZW service to Sprint service

Quote:

Originally Posted by bast525 (Post 777792)
I have a Sprint Touch Pro that I went through using the tutorial found here, to convert for use on Verizon's service. Unfortunately, I need to sell the phone and need to set it back up for Sprint service.

I had read several posts in the tutorial thread that stated that doing a Clear Storage on the phone would result in all the settings going back to stock, so stupid me I didn't write any of the factory Sprint settings down.

I have flashed back to the stock Sprint ROM and completed a Clear Storage, then loaded up QPST and found that all the Verizon settings are still there! I have a buyer for the phone who wanted to pick it up today, but needs it back to stock.

Can anyone help me??

Try flashing the Stock Sprint ROM. It should overide that changes you made in order to put the phone on VZW. Did you do a back up of the phone before making the changes to put it on VZW?

bast525 03-17-2009 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaun0207 (Post 777801)
Try flashing the Stock Sprint ROM. It should overide that changes you made in order to put the phone on VZW. Did you do a back up of the phone before making the changes to put it on VZW?

I did flash back to one of the leaked stock Sprint ROM's found on this forum, and then did a Clear Storage after it finished flashing.

No I did not back up the settings and yes this was stupid of me, but several people in the tutorial thread said that doing a Clear Storage would put all the settings back to stock :( There were several complaints by people who had done a Clear Storage and then had to go back in and re-do the whole thing.

bast525 03-17-2009 12:48 PM

What is the number to dial to program for Sprint? Like for Verizon we dial *228...

shaun0207 03-17-2009 01:01 PM

try ##302373#

bast525 03-17-2009 01:01 PM

what about installing the DCD Sprint Carrier cab? Would this put all those settings back to stock?

EDIT: Nevermind, DCD Sprint carrier cab didn't change anything... ##302373# didn't do anything either.

ruskiyab 03-17-2009 03:58 PM

What settings do you need? If you tell me what you need, I can get read them off for you. In the mean time, try doing a sprint PRI and PRL update

chappy 03-17-2009 05:57 PM

The command you want is ##786#. You will need your MSL, which I assume you already have.

##786# will reset the device to factory default.