PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 01:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon
Threadstarter

Vlip3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to configure HTC Touch Pro to receive company e-mail

Ok, thanks! It seems a dead-end for me. I thought I'd try. Thanks everyone for your responses.

Vlip3
Old 03-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

wwr201 is a n00b

Is this something that could be potentially fixed with a release of Blackberry Connect to CDMA phones? I guess first things first: anyone know if Blackberry Connect will be released to Sprint?

I have the same problem with not being supported by IT; however, those with personal Blackberries are able to access work email. Mind you, it's not full push email, but rather it is accessed in a similar fashion to webmail, but doesn't use the browser.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

what would i put in for domain?
Old 03-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Lurker

eckramer is a n00b

I work for a company that is pretty concerned about email security and does not allow owa. However, when I used the office component of Emoze it worked.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Skelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSkelator03 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

actually where in outlook can i find this info like the server and domain so i can get this set up?

EDIT......STRIKE THAT I GOT IT!!!

Last edited by Skelator03; 03-17-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Y ITZ 3 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Y ITZ 3

My company would not support my phone either. So what I did was go to the users guide. If your company uses a microsoft exchange server, you should be able to connect. I didnt like it much because I had to constantly put my password in that I log onto my work computer with everytime a new email came in. That is because it is a secure server. But the users guide can help set it up for you.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

ac520 is just getting started

@ Skelator
The information you would gain from your Outlook client would not necessarily help you with setting up ActiveSync. If you look at your exchange server information in Outlook you will most likely find the internal DNS name for your Exchange box and OMA (Outlook Mobile Access) needs the public DNS name for your Exchange environment. In most cases this will be the same as your OWA (Outlook Web Access) address. So if you use https://webmail.company.com/owa to access Outlook from a web browser then you should be able to use webmail.company.com for your ActiveSync settings.

There are more settings that can be checked and if you need additional assistance I am glad to help however I am getting evil looks from my co-worker at this very moment because he is waiting on me to shutdown my laptop and accompany him to a client’s office for a meeting I am probably going to be late for so I have to keep it short for now. Let me know if you have any more Exchange and ActiveSync questions!
Old 03-17-2009, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

MojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuffMojoRisen knows their stuff

You can also reverse the order "oma.companyname.com/org/net<whatever>" It really all depends on just how your company's exchange server is set up. We use a microsoft exchange server, so it easily syncs with any device using ActiveSync...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i'm in the same boat with my company... they wont give any support.... it's frustrating cause i prolly know more than half of the people they have on staff...lol

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-18-2009, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

69L46 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisen View Post
Webmail addresses are not the same as the exchange address for a server. At least I have never seen any that were the same, and I've been in IT for almost 10 years now. The only things that would come close to using an address like that (mail.whatevercompany.blah) would be IMAP and POP addresses, but these aren't exchange addresses. And the certificate lies on the server itself - you don't install it on a phone. You input your Active Directory login id & password, which authenticates you to the exchange server. Certificate handled there.
The above quote is incorrect-or at least not applicable to theproblem at hand. Actually, this how Small Business Sever tells you how to set up your exchange server. Local access is through exchange.mycompany.com, remote access is done through mail.mycompany.com. Aso, the certificate automatically installs if you set up outlook from a local IP address. If you are trying to access remotely, then you need to install the certificate on the remote client. Now, domain enrollment may handle the certificate for you, but at least with our exchange server, I had to install the certificate manually. One way to do this is to got to the outlook web access page,, view the certificate, and export it to a file. Then you hould be able to install it on your phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro