PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix
Now what? Answers by its self?

My TP has started an irritating problem. It started yesterday out of the blue. It answers every incoming call. The phone will ring for about 1/2 second, then it will pick up. This happens with or without a bluetooth headset connected. It is a custom ROM. I have Voice Command, SPB Phone Suite, Mobile Shell 2.0, SPB Weather, Pocket Digital Clock, and the HTC Task Manager.

I've had this ROM loaded for the past three weeks with zero issues, and now this.

Any ideas?
Old 03-17-2009, 11:13 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Re: Now what? Answers by its self?

That is very strange. Stupid question first: Have you tried a soft reset?

Second less-stupid question: Have you tried a hard reset?
Old 03-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmdphoenix is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to mdphoenix Send a message via AIM to mdphoenix Send a message via MSN to mdphoenix Send a message via Yahoo to mdphoenix

Yes. Rebooted several times. I really don't want to hard reset if I don't have to. I've checked Phone settings and it's not set to auto-answer. Where else could this be set?
Old 03-17-2009, 11:33 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

This sounds like a software issue...hrm...I'll check some reg settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks. I'm gonna look through advanced config.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

Are you using Gyrator? When I first installed that, I had a similar issue. It would automatically answer the phone whenever the phone was in Portrait mode. I deleted that rule from Gyrator and the problem was solved.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks for the tip. It made me second-guess myself. But no, it's not installed. I just checked.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Just got off the phone with Verizon. They are calling HTC because they are at a loss. Of course they'll probably end up wanting me to hard reset. Damnit.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Yep...backup everything now (e.g., SPB Backup, etc.) and hard reset. Make sure the problem has gone away before restoring from your backup.

If you really want to get anal about things...just backup your contacts, etc., (PIM backup) and then hard reset. After that, reinstall your third party apps, etc. one at a time checking to make sure that the problem is still happening. Then restore from your PIM backup.

late,
Coz
Old 03-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Yep...backup everything now (e.g., SPB Backup, etc.) and hard reset. Make sure the problem has gone away before restoring from your backup.

If you really want to get anal about things...just backup your contacts, etc., (PIM backup) and then hard reset. After that, reinstall your third party apps, etc. one at a time checking to make sure that the problem is still happening. Then restore from your PIM backup.

late,
Coz
The PIM backup isn't an issue. We're on Exchange. My issue is going to be all the third party stuff I have installed. Is there something I can install that will make a snapshot of the unit, then I can hard reset and put the snapshot back? Then if the problem comes back, I'll know it's something in my config that's gone awry and can hard reset again and install them one at a time.

Damnit. I have to punch in serial numbers again, reconfig my Today screen, etc... argh!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro