PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Now what? Answers by its self? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61425)

mdphoenix 03-17-2009 10:39 AM

Now what? Answers by its self?

My TP has started an irritating problem. It started yesterday out of the blue. It answers every incoming call. The phone will ring for about 1/2 second, then it will pick up. This happens with or without a bluetooth headset connected. It is a custom ROM. I have Voice Command, SPB Phone Suite, Mobile Shell 2.0, SPB Weather, Pocket Digital Clock, and the HTC Task Manager.

I've had this ROM loaded for the past three weeks with zero issues, and now this.

Any ideas?

Cicatrize 03-17-2009 11:13 AM

Re: Now what? Answers by its self?

That is very strange. Stupid question first: Have you tried a soft reset?

Second less-stupid question: Have you tried a hard reset?

mdphoenix 03-17-2009 11:22 AM

Yes. Rebooted several times. I really don't want to hard reset if I don't have to. I've checked Phone settings and it's not set to auto-answer. Where else could this be set?

Cicatrize 03-17-2009 11:33 AM

This sounds like a software issue...hrm...I'll check some reg settings.

mdphoenix 03-17-2009 11:39 AM

Thanks. I'm gonna look through advanced config.

Perasite 03-17-2009 11:40 AM

Are you using Gyrator? When I first installed that, I had a similar issue. It would automatically answer the phone whenever the phone was in Portrait mode. I deleted that rule from Gyrator and the problem was solved.

mdphoenix 03-17-2009 11:48 AM

Thanks for the tip. It made me second-guess myself. But no, it's not installed. I just checked.

mdphoenix 03-17-2009 12:18 PM

Just got off the phone with Verizon. They are calling HTC because they are at a loss. Of course they'll probably end up wanting me to hard reset. Damnit.

CozBoogie 03-17-2009 12:22 PM

Yep...backup everything now (e.g., SPB Backup, etc.) and hard reset. Make sure the problem has gone away before restoring from your backup.

If you really want to get anal about things...just backup your contacts, etc., (PIM backup) and then hard reset. After that, reinstall your third party apps, etc. one at a time checking to make sure that the problem is still happening. Then restore from your PIM backup.

late,
Coz

mdphoenix 03-17-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozboogie (Post 777761)
Yep...backup everything now (e.g., SPB Backup, etc.) and hard reset. Make sure the problem has gone away before restoring from your backup.

If you really want to get anal about things...just backup your contacts, etc., (PIM backup) and then hard reset. After that, reinstall your third party apps, etc. one at a time checking to make sure that the problem is still happening. Then restore from your PIM backup.

late,
Coz

The PIM backup isn't an issue. We're on Exchange. My issue is going to be all the third party stuff I have installed. Is there something I can install that will make a snapshot of the unit, then I can hard reset and put the snapshot back? Then if the problem comes back, I'll know it's something in my config that's gone awry and can hard reset again and install them one at a time.

Damnit. I have to punch in serial numbers again, reconfig my Today screen, etc... argh!