PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mlambert77 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Backlight is full bright when I turn phone on, even if set to low in settings

I have my Touch Pro's power settings set so that the backlight is all the way low, or a notch or two from there. I'm inside a lot, so don't need it to be bright. However, whenever I press the power button, the brightness is all the way to the right.

I have S2U2 installed and thought that might be the culprit so I turned it off and the phone is still doing it. It's very annoying if I'm in a meeting where the lights are low and when I turn my phone on it's shining almost as bright as the projector.

Anyone have any ideas how to get it to stay dimmed?
Old 04-01-2009, 02:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0
Re: Backlight is full bright when I turn phone on, even if set to low in settings

have u checked auto adjust?
Old 04-01-2009, 02:50 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Backlight is full bright when I turn phone on, even if set to low in settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlambert77 View Post
I have my Touch Pro's power settings set so that the backlight is all the way low, or a notch or two from there. I'm inside a lot, so don't need it to be bright. However, whenever I press the power button, the brightness is all the way to the right.

I have S2U2 installed and thought that might be the culprit so I turned it off and the phone is still doing it. It's very annoying if I'm in a meeting where the lights are low and when I turn my phone on it's shining almost as bright as the projector.

Anyone have any ideas how to get it to stay dimmed?
Is the auto backlight adjust on?

If so, this may be causing it. The light sensor on my TP is bad - it reads extremely low values at very high brightness, so when it gets really bright, the phone actually LOWERS the backlight, making it even more difficult to see. Your light sensor could be messed up too and could always be sending a high value.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mlambert77 is becoming a great contributor

Yes, I've checked it. It was on weeks ago, and I turned it off. It hasn't helped any.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post

The light sensor on my TP is bad - it reads extremely low values at very high brightness

better get that replacement b4 the $50 increase lol iknow i am

Last edited by beefcakeb0; 04-01-2009 at 03:28 AM. Reason: i suggest unninstalling s2u2
Old 04-01-2009, 03:39 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
better get that replacement b4 the $50 increase lol iknow i am
Wish I could. I don't have TEP - I have Worst Buy's insurance. There's nothing else wrong with this TP - even the home key is 100% flush so I'm keeping it and dealing with it. Thinking of going back to gLight from Lumos and configuring it to work properly again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro