PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Htc touch pro wont boot after unlock and new rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61353)

svonko 03-16-2009 06:06 PM

Htc touch pro wont boot after unlock and new rom

Hey!
I have an HTC touch pro. And I downloaded "RaphaelHardSPL-Unsigned_1_90_3" and unlocked it. After that i installed MightyROM_4.13.
After the install my phone restarted and went to the boot screen and there if freezes. It just says "Touch pro". I tried hard and soft reset, taking out the battery. But it just won’t boot.
I got no error messages while i unlocked it or installed rom.
Can I do something about this?

MojoRisen 03-16-2009 06:21 PM

Re: Htc touch pro wont boot after unlock and new rom

Put it in Boot Loader mode and try to flash the ROM again...

svonko 03-16-2009 06:31 PM

How do i do that? Or can u give me and url to a guide?

Capsyze 03-16-2009 06:32 PM

and if that doesnt work your gonna have to reflash from the sd card, you are gonna have to format the sd card to fat32 first...

you need to get the .nbh file from the rom you want to use. i use winrar to extract it. once it's on your desktop rename it raphimg.nbh

then move the newly named file to the card (using a card reader).

after the file is on the sd card, insert it into your phone and then go into bootloader mode after that just follow the onscreen directions.

those are the directions i followed it worked for me a while back

ShadowDrake 03-16-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svonko (Post 776135)
How do i do that? Or can u give me and url to a guide?

There's two modes you can get into while the phone is initially starting.

If you hold the volume down button, and the power button while the phone is starting, it will enter bootloader mode.

If you hold volume down + power + ok button (center of the d-pad) while the phone is starting, it will hard reset.

So, try that first. Pull the battery out, put it back in then...

Hold vol down, and the center of the d-pad... then hold the power button, you will get a grey screen asking if you want to reset the phone, push vol up to do so, then vol up again to restart it.

If that doesn't make it boot, pull the battery again, put it back in then...

Only hold vol down and the power button, you'll get the tri-color bootloader screen and you can try re-flashing the rom again from there.

svonko 03-16-2009 06:45 PM

I did that first one and i came to the bootmeny, now it is 3 color and the bottom it says "serial", and it stands still there i cant really do anything, what’s the next step?
I tried hold volume down + power + ok while in boot but nothing.

ShadowDrake 03-16-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svonko (Post 776175)
I did that first one and i came to the bootmeny, now it is 3 color and the bottom it says "serial", and it stands still there i cant really do anything, what’s the next step?
I tried hold volume down + power + ok while in boot but nothing.

About the doing nothing for the hard reset, if you're accidentally pressing any of the directional arrows, it won't go into the hard reset screen.

But, if you're at the 3-color screen, this is good. Plug in the USB, and the text at the bottom that says Serial will change to say USB and you'll be able to run through the steps of the RUU program on your PC

svonko 03-16-2009 06:51 PM

Yes i was about to edit my last post about this (= , its installning now, 50% atm. Lest hope for the best.
Btw thanks for the fast response

svonko 03-16-2009 06:56 PM

hmm, the installation went to 100% and the phone restarted, but it gets stuck again on the "boot screen". Should i try to install the stock rom? or can i try something else?

ShadowDrake 03-16-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svonko (Post 776186)
Yes i was about to edit my last post about this (= , its installning now, 50% atm. Lest hope for the best.
Btw thanks for the fast response

Not a problem, now to see if I can hold off on my nap till you get your phone up and running... I didn't get to sleep last night so a nap sounds damn good right now LOL