PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 01:33 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to hard reset WITHOUT using the stylus, reset button, or the "clear storage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
what page does it say that in the manual?

i MUST have skipped it when i was searching for it. thanks
page 126 in the Sprint User Guide
Old 03-20-2009, 01:36 PM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community
Re: How to hard reset WITHOUT using the stylus, reset button, or the "clear storage"

Quote:
Originally Posted by x99percent View Post
PREPARE:

from user guide:
If Encrypt files when placed on a storage card is enabled, back up all files from the microSD card before
using Clear Storage, hard reset, or updating the ROM system software. Otherwise you will no longer be
able to access the encrypted files on the microSD card. Use ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center
to transfer files between your microSD card and computer. After the procedure, copy those files back to
the microSD card.

1 - With the phone ON and running, hold down the power button.
2 - You should get a message box asking if you really want to turn off the phone. Click "Yes".
3 - At this point, your phone is completely powered down.
3a - If you are unable to get to this point, just yank the battery and reinstall it WITHOUT turning the phone back on.

THE RESET:

4 - Hold down the "Volume Down" and "Center" buttons. Do NOT let go.
5 - Hold down the power button. WAIT.
6 - You should now see the hard reset dialog, "This operation will delete all of your personal data...".
7 - You can now let go of the three buttons.
8 - Press "Volume Up" if you wish to reset, or something else to abort.

Enjoy!
Just a suggestion....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
puff, you know i don't read, if i can't figure it out on my own then it's too hard! =D>

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 03-20-2009, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Threadstarter

x99percent is keeping up the good workx99percent is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Just a suggestion....
Updated first post.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:59 PM
the magic mod

good lookin out x99percent
Quote:
puff, you know i don't read, if i can't figure it out on my own then it's too hard! =D>
hehe, you asked a question... i merely provided the answer
Old 03-21-2009, 03:05 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

haha no really, i don't really read lol i kinda surprise myself when i realize how much i know :P

That's how i determine if a computer program was well written; if i can figure it out + if not - lol
Old 03-21-2009, 03:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: sprint touch pro
Carrier: The Trilogy Signal Service

selders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuffselders59 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to selders59

Quote:
This shows how much the "Sprint Techs" read the manual too. Because they told me to:
1) Hold down power button and volume down button.
2) Hold down center button and insert stylus into reset hole.
I guess the Sprint guys should read the manual also.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

"Remember To Click THANKS If Someone Helps"
Old 03-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro(SPRINT)

jetjock_fl is a n00b

I'm 5 states away from my manual....THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS
Old 03-21-2009, 10:37 PM
the magic mod

Quote:
haha no really, i don't really read lol i kinda surprise myself when i realize how much i know :P

That's how i determine if a computer program was well written; if i can figure it out + if not - lol
its like having deja vu and amnesia all at the same time...
you know i keep thinking i forgot this before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59 View Post
This shows how much the "Sprint Techs" read the manual too. Because they told me to:
1) Hold down power button and volume down button.
2) Hold down center button and insert stylus into reset hole.
I guess the Sprint guys should read the manual also.
That procedure (as complicated /difficult as it may be) should also invoke a hard reset.
From what I've seen, it appears the 'trigger' is when those 3 keys (power + vol down+ circle)are held during the boot up
Either method should invoke the hard reset as long as the 3 keys are held down during boot up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetjock_fl View Post
I'm 5 states away from my manual....THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS
hehe, if u really want you can access it online here
Old 03-22-2009, 12:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

thanks to the OP for this, i don't need it now but who knows

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro