PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Windows Media Player pausing when screen is shut off? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61321)

dvdmon 03-16-2009 02:20 PM

Windows Media Player pausing when screen is shut off?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? I have a Sprint HTC Touch Pro with stock rom and when I use WMP and turn the screen off, the sound goes off. This doesn't happen to me in PocketTunes, only in WMP...

jmorton10 03-16-2009 02:22 PM

Re: Windows Media Player pausing when screen is shut off?

If you hook headphones to it, it will stay on.

~John

MoonZ*BabysH 03-16-2009 02:43 PM

S2P ,FTW my friend you can turn the screen off and the music will still play and it intergrates perfectly into S2U2

xgm541 03-16-2009 02:46 PM

if you have s2u2 installed make sure wmplayer.exe is in the exceptions list.

jshell73 03-16-2009 02:46 PM

For my mogul, I couldn't just "lock" the screen, I had to assign a button inside windows media player to toggle the screen on and off otherwise it stopped playing(headphones or no headphones). I don't remember what software level I was at. Moved on to the TP a few months ago.

tersoth 03-16-2009 02:55 PM

in order to prevent this just hit menu then go all the way to the right (hit the little arrows on the bottom right) where it says "Buttons". on that tab scroll to the bottom where it says "toggle screen" and assign a button to it. then when you want to turn the screen off or on just hit that button and it will still play in while the screen is off

dvdmon 03-16-2009 03:24 PM

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately having this in the exceptions list does nothing. Actually the whole reason I'm asking is because I wanted to try S2P and installed that. I can't get that to work, but I figure that's another thread! I primarily listen to stuff on my phone with my BT (Mono) headset via BTAudioToggle. I guess it doesn't recognize that this is a regular headset? I'll have to test out a headset with my adapter when I get to my car after work...

Tersoth, I did test it out in theory and let the screen go off itself (not hitting the power button) and it didn't turn it off, so that's good. But I don't see a way to assign a button to this on my Touch Pro. Perhaps it's because I'm using AE Buttons Plus? Dunno, but hitting any botton when the dialog "press button to assign" dialog comes up just elicits what that function normally does and doesn't make the dialog go away. I even tried some keys on the keyboard and they didn't work either...