PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 01:57 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Engadget looking for voters for best Smartphone

And the TouchPro is losing [badly] to the iPhone3G.
Go vote for your device and save face on the Engadget 2008 Best Of awards!

Old 03-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Engadget looking for voters for best Smartphone

The iphone is too popular to not win. Still don't understand why it's considered a smartphone though
Old 03-16-2009, 02:22 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Calling the iPhone a smartphone is beyond ridiculous. We should just hack the site and ensure that the TP wins...
Old 03-16-2009, 02:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskiyab View Post
The iphone is too popular to not win.
Exactly.

Heck, where I work they just bought something like 20 of the things......

~John
Old 03-16-2009, 02:36 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Threadstarter

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Still, don't you want to take a few seconds to vote?
I thought this would be something to at least get some opinions out there.

I've seen smaller groups rally around and win competitions like this.
But hey, my Diamond wasn't even mentioned. I thought I was just doing something nice- trying to bring it to your attention.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I would like the iPhone too if Apple weren't so Nazi about control over it
Old 03-16-2009, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Still, don't you want to take a few seconds to vote?
EER, not really.

I could care less what phone wins some stupid popularity poll.......

~John
Old 03-16-2009, 03:37 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I have to admit, as far as -hardware- goes, I like the Xperia much more than the Touch pro. The TP has TF3D which is way better than the panels interface on the X1, as one big example... and if I remember correctly, the X1 doesn't have the same qualcomm chipset that causes the poor video performance for the TP.

Still, I cast my vote for the touch pro based on availability, and the doftware that runs on the phone. The xperia could have been a hell of a seller, I think. I pretty much settled on the touch pro due to lack of alternatives (but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy my touch pro).
Old 03-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot

Guess I'll try and cast my vote for the ole touch pro later on

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 03-16-2009, 03:58 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

its winmo to blame, i can see why apple would kill the rest, but blackberry and android G1 were more voted than the touch pro too.... HTC can only do so much to help Winmo but the rest is up to M$, and lets admit it,its not holding the candle to the rest of the competition when it comes to innovation and evolution

i still voted for the pro though but lets be realistic

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro