\"PPCGeeks\"

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   need some help please :( (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61256)

dschoenike 03-16-2009 12:17 AM

need some help please :(

Greetings. I was in the process of deleting a rather large file off my storage card (500mb movie) and while it was deleting, my phone soft-reset. Now, that file is not showing up on the card, but is still taking up space according to the memory meter. I cannot for the life of me find that file, but yet its supposedly taking up all that space. Any one know what i can do to find and delete that file? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
dschoenike

gimme5 03-16-2009 12:19 AM

Re: need some help please :(

I don't know if that'll help, but I would try putting the card in your PC via an adapter I suppose and using a program called JDisk report to see what takes up all the space.

Another thing would be to transfer everything on your PC, format the card, and transfer everything back to the card.

Good luck!

Dr.8820 03-16-2009 12:21 AM

do you have empty deleted items immediately enabled in your settings?

dschoenike 03-16-2009 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr8820 (Post 774603)
do you have empty deleted items immediately enabled in your settings?

Where would i find that option in settings? This wasnt from an email, it was just a file on my card.

dschoenike 03-16-2009 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimme5 (Post 774600)
I don't know if that'll help, but I would try putting the card in your PC via an adapter I suppose and using a program called JDisk report to see what takes up all the space.

Another thing would be to transfer everything on your PC, format the card, and transfer everything back to the card.

Good luck!

Thanks for that program. i used it, and its still showing my card missing 500mb, but doesnt show the file using it. Very weird.

Keir333 03-16-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dschoenike (Post 774590)
Greetings. I was in the process of deleting a rather large file off my storage card (500mb movie) and while it was deleting, my phone soft-reset. Now, that file is not showing up on the card, but is still taking up space according to the memory meter. I cannot for the life of me find that file, but yet its supposedly taking up all that space. Any one know what i can do to find and delete that file? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
dschoenike

Quote:

Originally Posted by gimme5 (Post 774600)

Good luck!

I agree with trying to find the file on your PC. I recently had a similar problem with space being used up on the card, but not being able to see it from the phone's file explorer. I used an adaptor to hook the card up to the PC and was able to see the large files on the card. For some reason I still wasn't able to delete the files off of the card, so I ended up copying each folder individually off of the card(the ones that I needed, not the corrupt ones obviously) then I reformatted the card and copied all of the folders back over. The card has been working fine since then. The phone hasn't had any problems recognizing the programs that I had installed to the card or showing that memory is being used by anything that I can't see.

Hope everything works out for ya ;)

-Keir-

dschoenike 03-16-2009 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keir333 (Post 774634)
I agree with trying to find the file on your PC. I recently had a similar problem with space being used up on the card, but not being able to see it from the phone's file explorer. I used an adaptor to hook the card up to the PC and was able to see the large files on the card. For some reason I still wasn't able to delete the files off of the card, so I ended up copying each folder individually off of the card(the ones that I needed, not the corrupt ones obviously) then I reformatted the card and copied all of the folders back over. The card has been working fine since then. The phone hasn't had any problems recognizing the programs that I had installed to the card or showing that memory is being used by anything that I can't see.

Hope everything works out for ya ;)

-Keir-

Thanks guys for the advice. I did like ya said, transferred everything to my desktop and reformatted the SD card. Once i put everything back onto the card, all is well. Thanks again,
dschoenike

gimme5 03-16-2009 09:50 AM

Glad to hear that!