PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I so cant hard reset my Verizon touch pro... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61209)

schollianmj 03-15-2009 05:35 PM

I so cant hard reset my Verizon touch pro...

Ok, I have been all over this site, XDA Developers, Modaco, PDAPhoneHome looking for a simple way to hard reset this thing.. I have read NUMEROUS times that you just hold down the vol down, center of the D pad, and the power button while the phone is turned off nad a message will come up asking you to hit the vol UP to hard reset.... well.... thats so not working for me. I have tried the power button, I have tried the reset button, I have pulled out the battery held the power vol dwn center d pad nd had my wife put in the battery as I held the buttons... NOTHING IS WORKING!! Man, on my Omnia it was so easy... Settings>system>hard reset.... is there a cab I can install or something? I have used the clear all storage, but im not sure that is doing what I want. I am wanting the phone to be reverted back to the VERRY begining. as in, touch screen to set up device, now tap these dots to calibrate screen, yadda yadda yadda... I am flashing my phone about every day, some days multiple times... still trying to find that PERFECT rom for me... (god if only I could find a good guide on how to cook...) I just wish that I could hard reset a couple times after I flashed just to make sure that there are no lingering ghosts from the prievious rom.

Can some one PLEASE help me out?

gedster314 03-15-2009 05:40 PM

Re: I so cant hard reset my Verizon touch pro...

SEARCH!

Ok now that I got it out of my system. Yes, all the google links are wrong. I found the answer on this site.

1 turn phone off (not to sleep). Hold the power button down for a few seconds and will ask if you want to power off the phone or pull the battery and reinstall it.

2 hold volume down, insert the stylus into the reset whole and then hit the power button.

You can always go into settings and use clear storage too.

Dr.8820 03-15-2009 05:42 PM

here you go http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...et+verizon+pro

falzon03 03-15-2009 05:50 PM

settings, system, clear storage....and then pres 1234 and your good

GhettoBSD 03-15-2009 05:53 PM

my sprint doesn't hard reset either :P

falzon03 03-15-2009 05:57 PM

have you tried what i posted above?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhettoBSD (Post 773959)
my sprint doesn't hard reset either :P

thacounty 03-15-2009 05:58 PM

The ppcgeeeks kitchen community is very helpful and has a guide on cooking and what you want or dont want can be changed VERY easy!

gedster314 03-15-2009 06:01 PM

I know the clear storage works on mine, I just forgot to mention 1234.

I guess there are older phones that work with the D pad to reset. Mine never did. I can't find the link now but the volume down, reset and then power one works for my TP.

schollianmj 03-15-2009 06:22 PM

got it... dpad and hold the reset. thanks guys. gonna find that article now on cooking... thats my next project. :) been using Scrosslers kitchen last few days, but I dont want to be limited to just whats in that. I want to add a few things that I have found and remove a few that he offered that I dont use.

Once again, thanks for the help.

GhettoBSD 03-16-2009 12:26 PM

The only way i can "hard reset" is through the software options - can not do it with hardware.

I've tried a lot of different ways and nothing as well. Never been able to since i got the phone!