PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Google Sync and Active Sync (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61201)

Deltatristar500 03-15-2009 02:56 PM

Google Sync and Active Sync

Hi all, I want to try out the google sync, but use Outlook 2007 with active sync. Can I install google sync and see how it works and still use outlook 2007 and active sync? Can I use both?

Thanks

Rusty Duck 03-15-2009 04:11 PM

Re: Google Sync and Active Sync

Just try it and see what happens

groovdafied 03-15-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsousan (Post 773811)
Just try it and see what happens

yesssss be our lil ginnypig! bwa ha haha ha ha ha >:)

You shouldn't have any issues with it though... it's just adding air sync with your desktop sync. As long as you have AS turned on your phone, you should have no problem. I highly doubt google would allow their program to take over active sync.

Deltatristar500 03-15-2009 04:49 PM

Can anyone point me to the file to download google sync for win mobile...for some reason, I cant locate the file. If there is any, or do I just configure my active sync?

xgm541 03-15-2009 04:52 PM

i believe google sync uses activesync and therefore without any additional apps... u can only use either ur activesync server or google

Deltatristar500 03-16-2009 01:03 PM

Hmm, I tried it, but all my appointments on my phone went bye bye. My contact favorites went bye bye too...Is there a way to move all my events and contacts to google during the sync, instead of removing all I have?

Freeballer 03-16-2009 02:16 PM

I haven't gotten my htc touch to test this out, but google has basically opened its own outlook server and works perfectly with ipod and contacts/calendar. Would this not work with active sync and htc touch pro?

lawmangrant 03-16-2009 02:21 PM

basically, you can not use google sync if you sync via an Exchange Server.

If you just sync with your computer via a datacable, you should be ok!

Deltatristar500 03-16-2009 05:30 PM

Im having my cousin with his HTC Diamond try google sync too, but during the setup process he is getting a 85010004 error and wont sync with his google account. I walked him throught it just like I did but he is having issues.

AxeYrCat 04-09-2009 05:46 PM

I'm bringing this one back from the dead:

I deleted the Exchange server info from my device and attempted to use Google's server, but I failed...

Like one of the other posters, I lost my contacts, and had to re-establish my Exchange server info (after a hard reboot, since it didn't seem to want to do it any other way).

Has anyone done this with any success?

If you're using Google Sync, does push mail from your Exchange server still work?