PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Getting horrendous battery life. Sometimes less than an hour. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61175)

Xellios 03-15-2009 10:19 AM

Getting horrendous battery life. Sometimes less than an hour.

So I have the HTC Touch Pro with an extra battery, and I am getting worse than normal battery life. Bluetooth, Wifi, and beam are all disabled. The phone used to totally die in 3-4 hours under moderate use but now its much worse. After being plugged in all night, the battery indicator will go down to 2 bars in a matter of minutes, then die shortly after with use. Other times Ill unplug it after a full nights charge to discover that the battery is totally drained. This seems to happen with both batteries. I'm thinking it may be a problem with an internal software setting somewhere but I'm not sure. I do not have any 3rd party roms installed, just manila customizer. Anyone know if Pocket Nester or Palringo drain the battery way down even if they are not in use?

I've tried doing a hard reset with the volume down, center, and stylus button but that doesnt seem to work, it just reboots the phone. I guess I'll try they memory wipe next just to see.

This is very frustrating. Anybody have any ideas? A mobile phone is pretty much useless if you have to keep it plugged in all the time.

schettj 03-15-2009 10:30 AM

Re: Getting horrendous battery life. Sometimes less than an hour.

Well, That's Not Right (tm)

Do you have any signal at all?

Xellios 03-15-2009 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 773311)
Well, That's Not Right (tm)

Do you have any signal at all?

Unfortunately, my house is a poor coverage area. Usually 1-2 bars in the house. You think that could be it?

drummania 03-15-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellios (Post 773318)
Unfortunately, my house is a poor coverage area. Usually 1-2 bars in the house. You think that could be it?

Switch to flight mode and see. Also you can install nuePowerCPL to see the current draw.

Xellios 03-15-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drummania (Post 773330)
Switch to flight mode and see. Also you can install nuePowerCPL to see the current draw.

Alright. I'll switch it to flight mode and charge it for a while and see what happens. thanks.

chronster 03-15-2009 10:51 AM

even in non flight mode his phone should be lastting longer.

isnt there a cab floating around that does all the battery saving tweaks?

themuffinman 03-15-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xellios (Post 773338)
Alright. I'll switch it to flight mode and charge it for a while and see what happens. thanks.

I don't think switching to flight mode will make a difference, If your phone is dead within 1 to 2 hours there is probably something else thats seriously wrong. I have pretty bad service in my office at work, I am talkin no bars to sometimes 1 or 2 but mainly none or just 1 and my battery still lasts the majority of the day and that includes 60-80 text messages, sending and receiving emails and phone calls. I say just go to sprint and get another one.

xgm541 03-15-2009 12:09 PM

yeah seems like you need a new phone. for a hard reset you can do it right from ur phone by going to settings - system - clear storage and pressing 1234

GhettoBSD 03-15-2009 03:42 PM

well #1 i can't hard reset my phone either, it just reboots like a mofo.

#2 your battery should NOT be dying that fast.

At work my phone switches constantly between evdo and 1x all day and has 1 - 3 bars 1x at worst and no bars at evdo at best.

So in those conditions my battery still lasts 5 days without use but with radio on.

take it back and get it checked out. good luck dude

gimme5 03-15-2009 03:52 PM

I've found that Palringo drains my battery if I put my phone in a spot with bad reception (There are a few spots in my house where I only get -101 to -103dB signal).

Try without Palringo.