PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint issues! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61171)

gator352 03-15-2009 07:00 AM

Sprint issues!

This should probably be in general discussions but I have to ask....

Is anyone experiencing HORRIBLE reception as of this moment with sprint? I have a the TP, LG Lotus, and a Sanyo 8400 and all 3 have the same issue. Calls are all broken up and can barely make out words the other is saying. On the other end, they say that I sound robotic and in a tunnel.

All this started about 3pm yesterday and still as of now. I called Sprint tech support and of coarse they said yeah, you have some sort of network issue but there's nothing they can do. So they put in a ticket for regional network tech support and I should receive a call within 72 hours. WHAT?? My wife is pregnant and this I can say is almost unacceptable. I can be patient and all but 72 hours to receive a phone call from them to tell me what? That they don't see a problem on their end? Anyhow....thoughts? Suggestions?

dallas contractor 03-15-2009 08:21 AM

Re: Sprint issues!

Weekend service in field is terrible, it will mostlikely Moday before it gets fixed from my experince. This happened to us on a Friday night thru to Monday before it got fixed. The whole city of Dallas and FW were out , Would take several hours if then to get a call out but noting in. Just keep calling ,maybe get a credit for days out.

gator352 03-15-2009 08:32 AM

Yeah I kind of figured. But it's not area wide, it's just my personal network. My mother has sprint and she lives 3 miles from me and has no problem whatsoever. Yeah, if it doesn't get fixed by Monday, I'll start raising some Central Floridian redneck/metalhead hell!!! LOL

dallas contractor 03-15-2009 08:42 AM

I understand the tower by us is always loosing a T1 or hardware going out it is in a heavy traffic area. I was just giving a example that it does not matter how small or big the outage is and support.

Dr.8820 03-15-2009 08:48 AM

hey gator, ask about the airave. if you tell them your signal is bad, they might suggest it first. it works wonders.

dallas contractor 03-15-2009 09:24 AM

You will nned a internet connections at home.

gator352 03-15-2009 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr8820 (Post 773229)
hey gator, ask about the airave. if you tell them your signal is bad, they might suggest it first. it works wonders.

This is the only time this has ever happened. I live not even 1/2 mile from a tower (can see it from my road). All my phones have full bars so an airrave to me would be a waste of money.

selders59 03-15-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 773216)
Yeah I kind of figured. But it's not area wide, it's just my personal network. My mother has sprint and she lives 3 miles from me and has no problem whatsoever. Yeah, if it doesn't get fixed by Monday, I'll start raising some Central Floridian redneck/metalhead hell!!! LOL

:violent2:Gator, I live in southwest Florida and haven't had any issue's lately with either my TP or my wife's Mogul.

gator352 03-15-2009 12:42 PM

LOL, it was only me I guess......

UPDATE: It's back to normal now!! still haven't received a phone call though but I don't care! As long as it works!!

Thanks guys for all your input and help!!

circuit breaker 03-15-2009 12:55 PM

Venice reporting in - no signal issues here aside from normal Sprint "quality" :)

I was on a conference call last night at 2AM and kept getting dropped. Nothing new with Sprint though.