PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 10:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

playa_made is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bricked TP??

So yesterday my phone started acting kind of funny. Everything on the scren kept moving around as if it was staticky. I started soft resetting it to see if it would fix it and now it doesnt show anything on the screen. The backlight still comes on after resetting it, but thats it. I did have a custom rom on it but its been like that for a while already. My last addition was the slide 2 unlock for touch pro. Anybody know what could of happened? Also should i take it to sprint? or should i try to flash it back? Thanks n advance everyone!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Re: Bricked TP??

what it sounds like to me is it may be an issue with the screen. Typically with a brick, you don't even get power to the keyboard so I am going to ask
did you try to hard reset
can you get into boot loader
if you can do either of these things you are not in brick land...but if you still can't, try seeing if you can get a refurb
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa_made View Post
So yesterday my phone started acting kind of funny. Everything on the scren kept moving around as if it was staticky. I started soft resetting it to see if it would fix it and now it doesnt show anything on the screen. The backlight still comes on after resetting it, but thats it. I did have a custom rom on it but its been like that for a while already. My last addition was the slide 2 unlock for touch pro. Anybody know what could of happened? Also should i take it to sprint? or should i try to flash it back? Thanks n advance everyone!
Did you try a hard reset?

Old 03-08-2009, 10:33 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

playa_made is a n00b

im trying to hard reset it as we speak but its kinda hard when you cant see anything on the screen! lol
Old 03-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i would pay the sprint store a visit.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:40 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

playa_made is a n00b

would they be able to know that its flashed if the screen doesnt show anything?
Old 03-08-2009, 12:57 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Mr8820, why are there so many Steelers fans emerging now... oh yeah that's right, the won another Super Bowl...
as for my favorite bestest team, we released the most productive receive they've ever had because they're trying to make a statement
Got room on your wagon? hehehe

As for the reason this thread was created, I say try to do a hard reset as suggested and instead of seeing what's on the screen, just imagine it's there... attempt the hard set, wait twenty seconds, press the UP volume, wait another twenty second, press the UP volume again... maybe that will work
if not, have you tried taking the battery out for a minute, hold the reset button in and put the battery back in while still pressing the reset button for about fifteen seconds and letting the button go, see what happens.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:42 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

playa_made is a n00b

thanks everyone. i took it to sprint and got a replacement! Im so glad, new battery life is way better! slideout is also smoother!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:52 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
what it sounds like to me is it may be an issue with the screen. Typically with a brick, you don't even get power to the keyboard so I am going to ask
did you try to hard reset
can you get into boot loader
if you can do either of these things you are not in brick land...but if you still can't, try seeing if you can get a refurb
Im using the stock sprint rom. I can get to the boot loader but what do I do from there? I did a soft reset and it just stops at the Touch Pro screen. Hard resetting has never worked on this phone, only clear storage. Im still searching for answers......
Old 03-14-2009, 11:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
Im using the stock sprint rom. I can get to the boot loader but what do I do from there? I did a soft reset and it just stops at the Touch Pro screen. Hard resetting has never worked on this phone, only clear storage. Im still searching for answers......
Hard reset works, you just have to get it right. Theres a different confiugration of buttons you need to push down...not the ones in the manual. I think it is POWER+VOL Down+Center

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro