PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 06:47 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Messed up light sensor

I'm on my 4th TP now, for hardware defects in the previous ones, and I don't think this one is any different.

Everything is FANTASTIC on it, Feb 22nd build date.

But I've got a major issue with the light sensor...

When it's dark, it reads 0 lumens (yay!), as brightness increases, the lumen count increases nice and smoothly, till it reads around 400 lumens...

After 400 lumens, it skips to 600, then 840, then it jumps back down to 48 lumens... and the brighter it gets after that, the lumen count actually goes DOWN, ending up at 21.

So, if I step outside into sunlight, the light sensor reports 20-30 lumens... so the phone thinks it's dark, and dims the backlight, making it impossible to see my screen.

Anyone else had this issue? I've already hard reset it.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:58 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Messed up light sensor

its lumos, maybe thats why it wont work. lol unless theres also a lumens also, then thats not the problem.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

your phone will always dim in the sunlight... theres nothing u can do to chsnge that.. until they switch to the new screen type(forget what their calling it) but phones screens will be as bright in the dark and in sunight, actually making usuable screens...

theres no prob im sure... light is light, its everywhere... so are shadows.. your screen is always gonna flucuate, no matter what u do..
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 03-15-2009, 12:47 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
its lumos, maybe thats why it wont work. lol unless theres also a lumens also, then thats not the problem.
Lumens is a mesaure of light intensity, and it's what the light sensor is supposed to output in. I do use Lumos to manage the backlight though, and I was using it to tell me the values.

I don't mean the screen is harder to see when it's bright... I get that much.

What's happening though, is the light sensor is giving wrong values, which dims the backlight when it's bright out, the opposite of what I want. It is still hard to see but it dimming only makes it so much harder.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:24 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i apologize then, learn something every day here. thanx
Old 03-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDrake View Post
I'm on my 4th TP now, for hardware defects in the previous ones, and I don't think this one is any different.

Everything is FANTASTIC on it, Feb 22nd build date.

But I've got a major issue with the light sensor...

When it's dark, it reads 0 lumens (yay!), as brightness increases, the lumen count increases nice and smoothly, till it reads around 400 lumens...

After 400 lumens, it skips to 600, then 840, then it jumps back down to 48 lumens... and the brighter it gets after that, the lumen count actually goes DOWN, ending up at 21.

So, if I step outside into sunlight, the light sensor reports 20-30 lumens... so the phone thinks it's dark, and dims the backlight, making it impossible to see my screen.

Anyone else had this issue? I've already hard reset it.
I was under the impression that behavior (Dimming and Brightness) was normal behavior. Bright in the dark, dim in the light.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
Old 03-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

When phone is up to my ear, the screen turns off like it's supposed to. In darkness, my screen dims so as it doesn't hurt my eyes from the brightness. As more light is applied, it increases in intensity so as I can read it clearly(normal house lighting). NOW on the other hand, I get what the OP is saying, in sunlight my TP dims and makes it unreadable which is really annoying.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro