PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Delete Email from Phone ONLY

Quick question... probably really dumb too.

But before, I was able to delete email off of my phone without them being deleted of the server [For example, I like to get my new emails on my phone and remove them from my phone, but still have them in my inbox when I check my computer]

I flashed to MightyMike's ROM and now my emails get deleted off of the server as well.

Anyone know if I'm missing a setting?
Old 03-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Delete Email from Phone ONLY

switch to POP3 server protocols. POP3 sends a copy of the mail to your phone and is independent of your mail server. Just make sure that if you're using like G-mail or whatever, you have to make sure it retains a copy of the message on their server, otherwise you're phone will be the only one with a copy.

If you're using IMAP, what you can do is create a new folder within Gmail like Archive or wahtever. Whenever you want to 'delete' the mail you can move it to that folder and it'll disappear from your phone provided that you don't sync that folder. It'll update on your Gmail as under the archive folder though.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work

i believe there is an option inside the mail goto tools, options, you may need to go thru the setup options, and under advanced there is an option on what to do with deleted emails, i am trying to get it but its not working right now for me, just reflashed so things are not setup right for me yet,
Dave

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Quick question... probably really dumb too.

But before, I was able to delete email off of my phone without them being deleted of the server [For example, I like to get my new emails on my phone and remove them from my phone, but still have them in my inbox when I check my computer]

I flashed to MightyMike's ROM and now my emails get deleted off of the server as well.

Anyone know if I'm missing a setting?
Not dumb. It's hard to find.
Go to your mail/menu/options/select the account/send receive schedule/advanced settings; change setting to keep on server.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Graphic1.jpg (25.1 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Graphic2.jpg (33.2 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Graphic3.jpg (36.8 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets View Post
Go to your mail/menu/options/select the account/send receive schedule/advanced settings; change setting to keep on server.
oh yea i forgot that option existed
Old 03-12-2009, 11:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

bgeezy723 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets View Post
The only options I see for both my AOLmail acct and Gmail acct are "delete them off the server" and "move them to server trash." There is no keep them on server, unless you're referring to moving to server trash.

I would like to keep it as if I never read the email when I get on my pc. If that's not possible, then I'll keep it how it is.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ManUtd07 is becoming a great contributor

I also do not have the option to "keep them on the server."

edit: After some reading and what not, I noticed that if I have my gmail acct. on my phone set up to "move deleted items to server trash" then when I delete items they move to the "All Mail" folder on gmail on my computer. So the message is still there just not in the inbox. If I am stating something you guys already know then I apologize.

Last edited by ManUtd07; 03-12-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL
Threadstarter

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Yup, I checked for Gmail and it also doesn't give me an option to save on the server as well. And on my Hotmail account, I can't use the same settings interface [it takes me to the hotmail app settings]. But I did have it set to keep emails on the server for both accounts on my last ROM.

Ideas? I'm really desperate to make this work!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I setup my gmail account manually and I have the option to keep on server.
my AIM account does not.
Apparently any IMAP account does not allow that setting.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work

just looked over my settings, my ISP that was autsetup imap only has move to trash, and delete, my main email -my website one pop3 has delete off server, and keep on server.

Difference between imap and pop 3 http://www.clickz.com/1141651

Gmail pop setup http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=13273

hotmail pop setup http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/blog...33!49799.entry

You should just be able to go thru and change the settings, if not you can always delete the account and set it up, i think thats the problem, imap you access the server and read it on it, where pop3 downloads it all.

Hopefully we now have this email issue all solved

Dave

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro