PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 06:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

thefaceeater is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thefaceeater
Alltel touch pro data/mms issues

So i have an alltel touch pro stock rom 6.1 and i have been having a few problems.

First i came from having a diamond and love the touch pro but on my diamond i had it set up to where data connection would never be turned on except when i ask it to. I though i had it set up the same way with my touch pro, weather is only when i tell it to, email is only when i tell it to but for some reason i will have my phone off (screen off) for a while and ill pull it out to use it and a data connection will be open.

I have looked high and low to find something that is telling it to turn on but i cant figure it out, so if somebody knows what i might be missing please let me know.

Secondly
recently i have been having occasional issues recieving mms. I have never had a problem sending, and i will recieve some messages but others i get a dialogue box that pops up. It reads "cannot connect, dialed:#777, Cannot connect for an unknow reason. To check your connection settings and change them if needed, tap settings, If the problem continues, reset your mobile device."

I also sometimes get a message telling me that my username and password is wrong and i need to fix it. I have not changed any settings and when i check my username and password they are blank. There is also a domain (maybe it says server i cant remember) blank which is also not filled out.

So any clues on what the issue is. I cannot find anything thats wrong nor anybody else with this problem and it gets annoying because i will recieve a MMS message and then 10 minuest later i cant recieve another one and when i try to download it doesnt work.

Any insight would be very helpful, thanks.

Jeff
Old 05-19-2009, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizion

Buehlar is keeping up the good workBuehlar is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Buehlar Send a message via Yahoo to Buehlar
Re: Alltel touch pro data/mms issues

Have you tried the Alltel MMS and SMS cabs from this post?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...38&postcount=2

As far as the connection error messages, I get those a lot in bad coverage areas. Especially when it switches back n forth from Ev to 1x.
How is your signal strength? how many bars?

username: xxxxxxxxxx@alltel.net (xxxxxxxxxx is your 10 digit phone#)
password: alltel

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro