PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2009, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

DaveAz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I Can not figure this out for my life....

I'm running Windows7 and WMDC, and had this issue after i successfully synced many times. Then one time I connected it said something about installing software for device, and wouldn't sync any longer. I winded up having to go into device center and deleting what was listed under portable devices, and in synced the very next time I connected it. What is listed under portable devices when phone is connected?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Doughstackz

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i dont know, maybe im not doing something right.

i have never not once successfully opened device manager.

everytime i click on WMDC in the control panel, a little box pops up that says Enable USB Connections, and Enable Bluetooth Connections

and thats it.

if you click ok, it just closes, and nothing happens. so i dont even know where to go to find portable devices.

and my syncing is still unsuccessful.

i uninstalled, installed 64bit version, restarted, and now it recognizes the phone as Touch Pro, and lets me explore the folders on it, but thats it.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Doughstackz

where can i find WMDC 6.0? i just downloaded whatever was offered on Microsoft as 64 bit.

and major thanks for Dashwire. amazing sync program man.
handles alot of stuff i was looking to deal with.
only thing is, i sttill need outlook, for my tasks and calndar and stuff, but as far as the texts and all go, very nice.

preciate that alot man
Old 03-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Doughstackz

this is what shows up when i open the WMDC.
when i click the OK, nothing else happens.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Doughstackz

and im noticing too, i cant even uninstall the WMDC, it doesnt show up when my program list populates.

wtf?

im just getting frustrated now.

i have never before wanted to break a computer monitor so bad
Old 03-16-2009, 01:13 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughstackz View Post
where can i find WMDC 6.0? i just downloaded whatever was offered on Microsoft as 64 bit.

and major thanks for Dashwire. amazing sync program man.
handles alot of stuff i was looking to deal with.
only thing is, i sttill need outlook, for my tasks and calndar and stuff, but as far as the texts and all go, very nice.

preciate that alot man
Anytime bro. I completely understand wanting this to be on your pc. I am going to offer up one more idea if you just want to give up for a while, I know you won't, because I wouldn't haha. But ppcpimbackup is a great program. Just put on storage card, decide what you want to back up and back it up. It works great! It will do contacts, calendar, and anything else that is in the outlook program. I use it all the time, in fact I have it set to backup once a week just like micro$oft myphone.

Link:

http://freewareppc.com/database/pimbackup.shtml
Old 03-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro vzw

agentmith is a n00b

When I was trying to sync my phone I was having the hardest time, the computer would only recognize it as a multimedia device not a pocketpc. What I did was uninstall it from the device manager while it was plugged in, unplugged the phone and replugged it, redetected it and it worked fine. I had some mp3s on the micro SD card and once while I was plugging it in had it sync with windows media player and it never worked until I uninstalled and reinstalled this way. It's been working fine since then, and if anything it seems to work better on vista compared to xp.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to the general Touch Pro forum.

late,
Coz
Old 03-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Doughstackz

ok wow. finally got it working guys.

i think we should make a sticky somewhere with this.

the sure shot solution is to get 6.0 version, which i have in 32 bit and 64 bit zipped, for anyone with this problem.

once i found that, cus its not on microsofts site, i ran that, rebooted, worked perfectly.

damn WDMC 6.1

thanks a ton to dude who recommended doing that rollback, and preciate all your feedback county, that PIMBackup is nice and so is dashwire

but yea, i definitely think we should make this a sticky and just tell people roll back to 6.0 and provide the file, cus i see TONS of people who have this same issue.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Doughstackz

and oh, dont EVER EVER accidentally extract a .cab to your desktop lol.
that happened in the midst of all of this, and that **** like locked my PC up, my explorer.exe was completely shot, couldnt open the start menu or do nothing

hadda do a system restore cus it ut like 1,000 files on the desktop lol

stupid

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro