PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro. Unable to capture photo. Disk full. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61031)

cyeaman 03-13-2009 06:38 PM

Touch Pro. Unable to capture photo. Disk full.

My HTC Touch Pro has an 8GB Storage Card (SanDisk, from Radio Shack - Sprint's local rep'). I used the Camera, saving to the Storage Card, making ~700+ pictures - via many different on-again / off-again sessions. I have other stuff, on the Card also (audio, notes, spread-sheets, etc); this comes to ~3.5GB.
I turned on the phone, went into Programs, evoked Camera, pressed the Enter-button (to trigger the shutter - as normal), but got the "Unable to capture photo. Disk full." message.
I moved what pictures that I had, from the DC... folder, to somewhere else; thereafter, I tried another picture - no good - same ...Disk Full message.
I tried Soft-reset - no good. I have not - yet - tried Hard-reset. Sprint Chat rep' said to take it to Store. ...Not done this yet. (My stuff was erased, a couple of years ago, when I visited a Store, & the rep' Hard-reset claiming that nothing would be lost; so, I'm always resistant to even going to the store, letting them handle my phone, &, certainly, Reset'ing - at escalating levels of anxiety.)
It's difficult to accept that every problem needs a Hard-reset; I'm not ready to try this yet. [Blessings...]

shaggylive 03-13-2009 06:47 PM

Re: Touch Pro. Unable to capture photo. Disk full.

first, check to make sure the camera is storing to the card, not internal storage.
otherwise, put your card in a computer and back everything up, format the card and try.

cyeaman 03-16-2009 12:08 AM

Hi, ShaggyLive. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try the Copy-Format-Copy - anyway - maybe tomorrow. I am confirming that the settings are saving to the Storage Card. Further: this was a new card - from the store; I copied my previous Card's contents to the Computer, then, to the new Card; and I took over 700 pictures last week - stored to the Card. (It's not like it was an old Card which had stuff moved around over years of use.) [cyeaman]

shaggylive 03-16-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyeaman (Post 774569)
(It's not like it was an old Card which had stuff moved around over years of use.) [cyeaman]

yea, but that's how it goes with flash media, you never know when one of the readers will throw a fit.
good luck, and welcome to the site.

CozBoogie 03-16-2009 01:23 PM

Moved to the general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz

bkhoste 03-16-2009 01:35 PM

I had a problem with the TP reading a 2GB card, it would not show up under any program and now it will not show up on the computer. I have tried three different card readers and adapters for the cards and nothing.

cyeaman 03-16-2009 06:20 PM

OK, ShaggyLive, et al. I did the Copy-Format-Copy, & it's working - the Touch Pro takes pictures again - and to the Storage Card of course. I thought that I re-formatted the Card when I first got it (my usual), ...guess not... That'll teach me.