PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

littlefreak is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ohhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnell View Post
These newer devices look good, but they're not as sturdy as their predecessors.
I agree my mogul lived a year in the same pocket as my school ID. My TP lasted 2 days before the card scratched the hell out of the screen.

As for my dropped a TP that screen went black Sprint store is gonna fix it for 100 bucks. Which isnt that bad considering. He said even if I had a coverage plan it would still cost me 50.... So whats the point of paying 7 bucks a month if I still have to pay when my thing breaks? The way you guys talk about the service plan is that everything is done for free. Also he mentioned that the cost for repair on the plan is going up to 100 next month rather then the current 50.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

nerdstrap is just getting started

dont worry about it! use this as an opportunity to embelish/customize your phone! you can add swarovski crystals, paint it, or just find some epoxy resin to fill in the chips! i saw a really cool skull crystal/paint job on a mogul the other day!
Old 03-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefreak View Post
I agree my mogul lived a year in the same pocket as my school ID. My TP lasted 2 days before the card scratched the hell out of the screen.

As for my dropped a TP that screen went black Sprint store is gonna fix it for 100 bucks. Which isnt that bad considering. He said even if I had a coverage plan it would still cost me 50.... So whats the point of paying 7 bucks a month if I still have to pay when my thing breaks? The way you guys talk about the service plan is that everything is done for free. Also he mentioned that the cost for repair on the plan is going up to 100 next month rather then the current 50.
I plan to discontinue the insurance on April 17, 2 days before the deductible increase.

I do know, the ability to get certain parts of a device serviced sometimes depends on location. Some service centers have more parts for more devices than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdstrap View Post
dont worry about it! use this as an opportunity to embelish/customize your phone! you can add swarovski crystals, paint it, or just find some epoxy resin to fill in the chips! i saw a really cool skull crystal/paint job on a mogul the other day!
This sounds like a job for Billy Mays and Mighty Putty
Old 03-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefreak View Post

Yea, similar story here. Ever since a couple years ago I always carry a compact camera in my pocket (you never know when you might need it! citizen journalism!). I used to keep my mogul and camera side to side flat in my pockets. My mogul lasted for almost a year without any major scratches to the casing and no scratches to the screen. Same thing with my XV6700. When I got my TP, my phone spent a day in my pocket snuggling with my camera and the chrome was chipped already. The screen protector that I applied the first day was also a bit scuffed. The chrome chippedness is barely noticeable though, but still, imagine if I have to leave something in my pocket with my phone all the. Now I just put my phone in a belt holster, which is probably healthier anyway.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

sucks man I dropped my tp couple time and that damm driveway is evil! I got tons of scratches and chipped chome but I'm ok with that phone is perfect and fast from the inside I don't want new one. keep this baby till tp2 or pre
Old 03-13-2009, 06:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
and the kids were at the pool.
dang, the kids is da crapper fetcher now, D.....j/k
Old 03-13-2009, 07:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

That sucks, I hope you're able to get it repaired/replaced! There are a lot of design choices that HTC made with this phone that I'm not thrilled about. The easily scratched shiny surfaces, sharp plastic edges, fake chrome and the camera lens cover placement are all questionable. If history is a guide, HTC will correct these choices in a follow up model but will include some other major flaw like the bt in the 6700 or the white spot of the 6800. They will also move the power button to the side and reverse the keyboard slide direction.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
could be worse, another member dropped his in the crapper, and the kids were at the pool.
LOL thats why always do courtesy flush. How the hell did that happen anyway? Was he using the phone under his bum?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

littlefreak is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznmode View Post
LOL thats why always do courtesy flush. How the hell did that happen anyway? Was he using the phone under his bum?
I had this happen to my ex gf once cuz she was wearing a hoody and her phone was in her hoody pocket and when I called it vibrated and shook its way out. Man did I get an angry return call from her land line....
Old 03-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

ok so one time i went to washington D.C. in jr high... and i went to take a dump at a mcdonalds right. and so someone comes barging in all pissed and starts banging on my stall's door.

he's saying get the f out this is my room! and other expletives. well, as you could imagine, i was like wtf??????????? so as soon as it stopped i got up and pulled my pants up and was out of there.

in my rush my camera fell in the crapper. awww that was horrible. thank god i had already flushed. but it was still too late for the camera! i lost a lot of great pictures too, what a shame!

so when i got outside i complained to the staff and they said "oh yeah, that's the regular bum who always hangs out in there." hahahaha what jerks

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro