PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling
Re: Ohhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

definitely a big OH NO!. especially with all the insurance fraud going down. Makes it even worse. i've been real careful with mine since i don't know what the outcome will be, shall anything happen. last year i knew exactly how it would turn out...nowadays changes are happening (as they should) and it's increasingly getting harder to get replacements.

i never understood the science behind posting, on a public website....how to turn an Apache, or a Mogul into a Touch Pro, using your insurance. like i said in another thread..'some' things are best to keep to yourself. otherwise u screw it up for all, including yourself.

if i knew a secret ## code i could dial...and sprint would magically credit my account $10,000....u think i'd tell everybody? wouldn't common sense tell me that if 10,000 people were doing it, sprint would stop it? which is why this would be one of those things...i wouldn't tell too many people.

like i also said in the last thread...this is what killed the SERO plan, as well as dropped call credits....and it's now putting an end to the current insurance set up. for instance, the deductible for smartphones has now been doubled. End result = Bad.

i feel like the geeks who were smart and savy enough to know these type of loop holes....were too smart to be sharing this info....and pretty much should've known better. Unless of course the 'goal' was to put an end to these things. because from no angle, can i see the light in sharing "certain" things....like these.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:24 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

this is why i always tell people, "only the stupid ones get caught" lol because it's true.

i can't say where i work or what i do but i tell people how it is so possible to commit certain types of fraud. but of course i don't tell them HOW to do it... you never know who is capable of doing it.

but it's sad because for as much as i try to tell the proper people how to stop/fix it, they don't do a thing.

but yah, that's why all kinds of insurance are retarted - like workmans comp, too many people are shady so when people break their backs they don't get the help they need cause too many people who were fine asked for too much $$$$$$ already boo

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:31 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
this is why i always tell people, "only the stupid ones get caught" lol because it's true.

i can't say where i work or what i do but i tell people how it is so possible to commit certain types of fraud. but of course i don't tell them HOW to do it... you never know who is capable of doing it.

but it's sad because for as much as i try to tell the proper people how to stop/fix it, they don't do a thing.

but yah, that's why all kinds of insurance are retarted - like workmans comp, too many people are shady so when people break their backs they don't get the help they need cause too many people who were fine asked for too much $$$$$$ already boo

I dont know about all that. I break it down into quarters here 3/4 of the info comes from Sprint employees that use this site 3/4 are Geeks sharing info and 3/4 are people who dont know any better just saying "this is what happened to me". I do agree with you it sucks everyone knows but who's gonna sit back and say "I dont wanna know" if the information is on here. Things change and as Sprint come up with new ways to do things there will always be people trying to find a way around it. Keeps sprint on their toes no matter how wrong it is. I dont condone it trust me I dont want to have to pay $200 for a new pro but I have had 5 of them now and havent had to pay anything but to me that becouse HTC put all their money into the internal crap on the pro and just threw the keyboard and chrome on there.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBSD View Post
ok so one time i went to washington D.C. in jr high... and i went to take a dump at a mcdonalds right. and so someone comes barging in all pissed and starts banging on my stall's door.

he's saying get the f out this is my room! and other expletives. well, as you could imagine, i was like wtf??????????? so as soon as it stopped i got up and pulled my pants up and was out of there.

in my rush my camera fell in the crapper. awww that was horrible. thank god i had already flushed. but it was still too late for the camera! i lost a lot of great pictures too, what a shame!

so when i got outside i complained to the staff and they said "oh yeah, that's the regular bum who always hangs out in there." hahahaha what jerks
Hey I live in Wash, D.C. Welcome to chocalate city Ha, Ha, Ha.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:13 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Sorry to hear about it.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

lol comedy
Old 03-15-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good workpastafarian is keeping up the good work

/reads last few posts and shakes head in amazement

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro