PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 01:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TelNAV

Slightly off the main topic (Sprint Telenav), but I just got Garmin Mobile XT and it integrates with contacts very nicely. And with Garmin it integrates "both ways". I mean, in my contacts there are now menu options to route the address with Garmin and also when using Garmin I can open a "Contacts" option in Garmin and select a contact to drive to.

With Sprint Navigation, the Contacts integration is only from Contacts to Sprint Navigation. No option in the Sprint Navigation app to have Sprint Nav open up contacts and select one to drive to.

Garmin can even add an address I type into it to my Contacts if not already there.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

Well, it seems you don't get any extra "charges" when using Telenav 5.1.16, but after working for a while it stops working, unless you do submit to additional charges. I mean, just loading up the app gives you a free trail period and then it goes dead, no more routes provided.

Here's what I asked Sprint e-care when Telenav stopped working. I tried to pose the question as a Sprint Navigation issue, because I figured it must happen with that app too although I'm using Telenav, but Sprint knew the deal right off.
Quote:
Original Question: Sprint Navigation account expiered messages
Question: I was getting Sprint Navigation account expired messages. The message would say "Your account has expired Renew or call 88.TeleNav.4"

So I called Telenav and they re-established my account on their end, but they told me that Sprint needs to remove my plan and re-add it or I'll get the same issue in about 5 days.

Can you please take care of this for me?

I'm not sure if doing an "Update Profile" from my device will do this, but if so please let me know.

Thank you.
Sprint's response:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting Sprint. I will be happy to assist you regarding your concern.

Please be aware that I attempted to contact you on behalf of Sprint on 4/14/2009.

Upon review of your account, I notice that the $9.99 TeleNav Track Basic Plan is not active on line xxx-xxx-xxxx.

The $129.99 Everything Data Share 1500 Plan is currently active on line xxx-xxx-xxxx, effective 7/15/2008.

The $129.99 Everything Data Share 1500 Plan includes:

1. BlackBerry Prosumer.
2. Call Detail.
3. Caller ID.
4. $0.00 Domestic Long Distance Rate.
5. Shared Cell Minutes No Tiers.
6. Mobile To Mobile Minutes.
7. Text Messages.
8. Picture Mail.
9. Sprint Navigation.

TeleNav is a third party software provider for Global Positioning System
(GPS) navigation.

If you need any further assistance with your account, please reply back to this e-mail or contact our Technical Support Department at
1-866-289-8892 from a landline for assistance.
Good thing I already picked up Garmin Mobile XT, which I'm enjoying more anyway.
Old 04-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sho0z is keeping up the good worksho0z is keeping up the good work

mine keeps sayin "login failed", even though i can login online...im using the newest version..
Old 04-27-2009, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

muzicman82 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to muzicman82 Send a message via MSN to muzicman82 Send a message via Yahoo to muzicman82 Send a message via Skype™ to muzicman82

Any way I can get the new version 5.2 on a Sprint Touch Pro?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

IMPAQT is just getting started

Best GPS EVER is TomTom Mobile. You can download the free trail off the website, but it doesnt include US maps. There are alternative ways for finding the maps, and the program itself, but i wont go into specifics on how to find it, you have to do that on your own, but i use it, with the fully functioning program and full US/Canada map and im just like, WOW! It works beautifully. Turn by Turn, no street names, but the directions are excellent. Even has an option to get you there in the arrival time you specify. Be aware tho, if you do wind up getting it, your gonna need a beefy MicroSD card, as it will use up to 2.5gb on the card for the map and program, but the advantage to this is, the whole US and Canada road maps are loaded right off the card and not OTA, so you dont need to be online or within the sprint coverage areas to use it. And it loads fast, faster than sprint navi and telenav and garmin COMBINED! Tons of options and features as well. If you want a really reliable and fast loading gps, with pinpoint routes, use the TomTom Mobile app, that is, if you can find and activate it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro