PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

BrokenLimits is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BrokenLimits
I think I'm done. Getting a Blackberry

I had an HTC PPC-6700 and it was alright. I finally decided to get the HTC Touch Pro and it has been a nightmare. First it was just SLOW. So I changed out to a clean rom off here and then everything was better. Then one day it just rebooted itself and HUNG. I took it in to Sprint and they replaced it with a Refurb I guess.

The keyboard works when it decides it wants to (the entire purpose for having this phone) and the internet stopped working. Took it in to the Sprint store yesterday and of course the keyboard was working and now its not. They got the internet working again. Now today it is SO SLOW I cant even get it to SYNC before I hard reset it. So I lose a bunch of stuff I added to it.

I am just fed up. I wanted to believe in HTC but I just cant. I think its time for a Blackberry.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:17 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Re: I think I'm done. Getting a Blackberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits View Post
I had an HTC PPC-6700 and it was alright. I finally decided to get the HTC Touch Pro and it has been a nightmare. First it was just SLOW. So I changed out to a clean rom off here and then everything was better. Then one day it just rebooted itself and HUNG. I took it in to Sprint and they replaced it with a Refurb I guess.

The keyboard works when it decides it wants to (the entire purpose for having this phone) and the internet stopped working. Took it in to the Sprint store yesterday and of course the keyboard was working and now its not. They got the internet working again. Now today it is SO SLOW I cant even get it to SYNC before I hard reset it. So I lose a bunch of stuff I added to it.

I am just fed up. I wanted to believe in HTC but I just cant. I think its time for a Blackberry.
Blackberries have just as many issues, bro. I was reading a article earlier where Congress is complaining about how bad the BB Storm is.

Personally I have never used a BB, but I haven't heard a whole lot of great things about them

Old 03-06-2009, 06:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well to save your items, there are several backup programs that will even save your programs you installed along with your contacts as well as text/pic messages. maybe you should look into one of them before you do a hard reset.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:23 PM
DaGreatOne

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
well to save your items, there are several backup programs that will even save your programs you installed along with your contacts as well as text/pic messages. maybe you should look into one of them before you do a hard reset.
+1.

Try SPB Backup 2.0. I just introduced a friend to the trial and he loves it. He is just learning how to tweak his Pro.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BrokenLimits is a n00b

Sort of missing the point. I shouldn't HAVE to be using safe guards to allow the phone to mess up. I wouldn't be looking at the Storm, I am looking at the Nextel Pearl or whatever it is called.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:36 PM
DaGreatOne

Quote:
Sort of missing the point. I shouldn't HAVE to be using safe guards to allow the phone to mess up. I wouldn't be looking at the Storm, I am looking at the Nextel Pearl or whatever it is called.

ahhhh. Well good luck with the TP.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

BrokenLimits is a n00b

I just did a hard reset and the keyboard is not working again. Unbelievable.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

safe guards as just that. its not meant to solve your problems but when you have a problem you dont lose everything you had on the phone. why havent you tried a custom rom? usually the stock roms are the most stable but some do have issues. unlock and try a custom rom for a bit and see if you have any more issues. if you do all you have to do is flash back to a stock rom and relock and again, that backup program works on custom roms so even when you flash you still have all that stuff saved and ready to go.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium CDMA

AboveTheBULL is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

Damn, I really feel bad for you, man. I can really feel your pain. Some of these phones do have awful build quality, but I promise, when you finally get a good one, you'll never turn back. You might try contacting Advanced Tech Support at 877-345-7895 (at least that was the number three months ago), and just politely explaining what you've been going through. Also, make certain NOT to tell them anything about you flashing a custom ROM, as that will void your warranty... and you DON'T want them saving that info in your account notes. Anyway, the folks in advanced tech support might be able to assist you with getting a non-refurb replacement. I'd definitely try this before giving up completely on HTC...

BTW, during high volume periods, their overflow calls roll over to regular customer service. So it might just be best to ask if you've reached "Advanced Tech Support" before giving your entire spill. That way they can transfer you directly to the queue. Hey, I know I hate repeating a story over and over again to wrong agents...

Also, I'd like to piggyback on what Mylt1 stated about backup programs. Man, you absolutely can use PIMBackup (available FREE here --> http://www.dotfred.net/default.htm) to backup everything on your phone to your storage card. The only problem I've had was with SMS messages, and I figured out to simply disable threaded messages (and soft-reset) before backing up or restoring, then enabling it again (and soft-resetting) once finished. Beyond that, it's a GREAT option... highly recommended.

Last edited by AboveTheBULL; 03-06-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO baby
Carrier: ATT

xgm541 is becoming a great contributor

well look, sometimes things dont work as theyre supposed to, and you are having an issue that i have never even heard of (non working keyboard, then working, then not). from experience, if you install a crapload of junk on ur phone it will slow down tremendously. the touch pro is more of a personal computer than a phone and if you want a phone that works the way its supposed to straight out the box... go for a simple phone.

as for BB, u will never be able to custimize ur phone as much as with the TP.

but good luck with ur finding a new phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro