PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   sprint tp on vzw warrenty question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60834)

turbochris 03-12-2009 11:41 AM

sprint tp on vzw warrenty question

I just flashed my VZW touch pro pro to the mightyrom and it still feels a little sluggish. Would going with the sprint touch pro help out much? Also, lets say zi get the sprint touch pro, never activate it on the sprint network and put it on the verizion network. Now lets say I have to send it in for warrenty, I would flash it back to stock but wouldn't sprint ask like wtf have you been doing with this phone it was nver activated? It would cost me about $200 to switch to the sprint TP, is it worth it? Would there really be a noticeable difference in performance?

kyle4269 03-12-2009 11:44 AM

Re: sprint tp on vzw warrenty question

If you switch to the Sprint TP and activate it on Verizon you will notice a difference in speed. The Sprint TP has more memory than the Verizon version. As far as the warrenty goes you will not be able to send it in and get fixed because its activated with Verizon and not Sprint.

Darkjedi 03-12-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbochris (Post 767408)
I just flashed my VZW touch pro pro to the mightyrom and it still feels a little sluggish. Would going with the sprint touch pro help out much? Also, lets say zi get the sprint touch pro, never activate it on the sprint network and put it on the verizion network. Now lets say I have to send it in for warrenty, I would flash it back to stock but wouldn't sprint ask like wtf have you been doing with this phone it was nver activated? It would cost me about $200 to switch to the sprint TP, is it worth it? Would there really be a noticeable difference in performance?

Unless you pay for TEP with sprint, Spring won't repair/replace your phone. If you don't even have an account with them, they won't even look at your phone. If you want to be covered under warranty you'd have to go through HTC, which is located in Taiwan. It is also unlikely that VZW will cover a Sprint phone under their insurance.

Many people have done the Sprint on VZW network thing, because the VZW TP is that bad. VZW really messed up the features of the phone.

MoonZ*BabysH 03-12-2009 11:56 AM

+1 its definatly worth it with the sprints version. they even managed to mess up the new verizon diamond, they didnt leard from the TP. ehh f em

mikenerd 03-12-2009 12:40 PM

+1.01 I love the Sprint TP on Vzn. Use the tut here by Noir. you cant go wrong.

jmorton10 03-12-2009 01:27 PM

I have three Sprint TP's running on vz. It is definitely worth the switch, I have used the VZ version also.

~John

helix139 03-12-2009 01:42 PM

Definitely worth it, warranty or not. Just keep it in a case and cover it with an invisibleshield and dont drop it in the water. Hell i've dropped mine 5-10 times already and it doesnt have a scratch.

turbochris 03-12-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Unless you pay for TEP with sprint, Spring won't repair/replace your phone.
What's TEP? You guys are worse than the army with acronyms

banzaiwolfe 03-12-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbochris (Post 768596)
What's TEP? You guys are worse than the army with acronyms

Total Equipment Protection, if you were on Sprint you would know :P