PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HTC Touch Pro Keyboard not working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60777)

loc37 03-11-2009 10:53 PM

HTC Touch Pro Keyboard not working

I have a HTC Touch Pro and I have had it for a while now like about 2 months and just recently the keyboard started acting faulty. The first signs of this were when i would text it would text a repeat of the letter i text, (for example: Hey wwwwats up), it would do this to all the words and i would restart it and soft reset it and just as of now i Hard reset it and nothing. Then what happened was the keyboard and the buttons in the front of the phone went out none of it worked, only the touch screen. I switched ROMS and it is the same problem, i just wanted to know if there is any suggestions out there or if any repair is posible. I dont have warrenty on the phone and I have it flashed for Cricket.

Thanks for your time.

razorloves 03-11-2009 11:45 PM

Re: HTC Touch Pro Keyboard not working

Sounds like that's a hardware problem. Did you try to flash back to the original shipped rom? Also, I thought all touch pro's had a one year manufacturer's warranty.

rushco 03-12-2009 12:00 AM

Mine went out yesterday.

Today I took it to a Sprint store and they ordered me a replacement phone. I hope it is here by Friday!

They took it apart and could not fix it.

vletnguyen 03-12-2009 03:29 AM

I am having the same issue.
when you took it to the store, did you have $7 insurance plan? i did not opt for it... yet

crash383 03-12-2009 08:36 AM

Same issue here. It started to act weird a couple of days ago. Is it a coincedence that all these keyboards are starting to crash?

loc37 03-12-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 766667)
Sounds like that's a hardware problem. Did you try to flash back to the original shipped rom? Also, I thought all touch pro's had a one year manufacturer's warranty.

I didn't buy it from the sprint store. But he can I take advantage of this 1 year warrenty

mista _young 03-12-2009 09:13 AM

I had the same thing to happen to me ,and into the sprint store and a order was place on friday . I pick up the new one ,works great i had to set up estp

razorloves 03-13-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loc37 (Post 767173)
I didn't buy it from the sprint store. But he can I take advantage of this 1 year warrenty

Good question. You can probably only use the warranty through an authorized reseller. I don't know anything about cricket. I don't know where you bought it or what version touch pro you have. Is it sprint, alltel, verizon, telus?

shad0w77 03-13-2009 02:55 PM

Exact same prob here. Brought it to an authorized sprint repair center, they ordered me a new one. Kinda lucked out i guess... the newer sprint touch pros have a better build quality. Better slider, brighter hard keyboard, and flush buttons on the front of the phone... And I don't have that nasty ding on the corner of my chrome from when i dropped it ;)

razorloves 03-14-2009 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shad0w77 (Post 770313)
Exact same prob here. Brought it to an authorized sprint repair center, they ordered me a new one. Kinda lucked out i guess... the newer sprint touch pros have a better build quality. Better slider, brighter hard keyboard, and flush buttons on the front of the phone... And I don't have that nasty ding on the corner of my chrome from when i dropped it ;)

He's not with sprint though, so I don't think he'll be able to bring it to a repair center.