PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: sprint

bnisel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Security Software?

I think I remember reading that there is software that you could install on your touch that would enable you to do a remote erase if your phone was lost or stolen. Does anyone no of a software cab for this?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:35 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Security Software?

sprite terminator. Google it up
Old 04-22-2009, 11:38 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

http://spriteterminator.com/index.php?pageid=1100 here ya go.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cchris81 is keeping up the good workcchris81 is keeping up the good work

I wish I asked earlier about this, I thought it was unnecessary, and then sure enough my phone was stolen just last week, I had soo much stuff on there, and never backed up my storage card, so all my cabs and playlists Ive been acumilating over the years are gone, also I have Iguidance with a bunch of favorite locations stored.. It was a bummer, Ihad to change so many passwords as well. but on to the answer.

So far I tried a free one, called smartphone tracker, It only tracks and doesn't work very good. http://smartphonetracker.blogspot.com/

I found 2 others. The one i'm testing out now is sprite Terminator, Works really nice can lock the phone, clear personal data, wipe the phone and storage card, and it can't be uninstalled without a password, Also has GPS tracking that works well. I may end up getting this one, as Sprite backup is only 5 dollars extra for HTC phones. http://www.spritesoftware.com/produc...up-htc-special

The other one is remote protect, I havn't tested it yet becuse it is 19 bucks, while the sprite combo is 20 bucks.

http://classic.pocketgear.com/softwa...&associateid=9
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Exchange 2007 will do remote wipe too, if you have corporate or hosted exchange. You can do it from Outlook Web Access.

There's also one called remotePROTECT that can do various levels of lock/kill via text message. OOPS! Sorry cchris81, I didn't see your last line before I posted! I had used remotePROTECT awhile back when I was building ROMs for the Apache, as I think (going on distant memory here) there was a way to build it right into the extended ROM so it would reinstall with your existing settings upon a hard reset. Made it really hard for someone else to use your phone.

Last edited by haus; 04-23-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I also use Sprite Terminator and testing with it gave excellent results.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Doing a little more research - maybe someone can clarify this, but it looks like Sprite Terminator requires you to partner the phone that will send the kill commands? I think remotePROTECT simply allows you to send the commands (with a password of course) from any phone or even the email to sms gateway (phonenum@messaging.sprintpcs.com).
Old 04-23-2009, 01:39 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

my phone got stolen last weekend... tracked it with my ex's tp using terminator... she was always playing with my phone, and she had a tilt, so when we broke up she got the tp, thank god. anyways, the guy was still in the bar so i just waited til i saw someone out back trying to use it after i had i remote locked it. i had already called the police but by the time they showed up i had my phone and the ******* was gone.

one feature i wish there was on terminator was the ability to lock it, and then post messages to it and have it ring loudly or something. that would have been hysterical... just walk around the bar til i hear strange beeping coming from someone's pocket.
Old 04-23-2009, 01:40 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
Doing a little more research - maybe someone can clarify this, but it looks like Sprite Terminator requires you to partner the phone that will send the kill commands? I think remotePROTECT simply allows you to send the commands (with a password of course) from any phone or even the email to sms gateway (phonenum@messaging.sprintpcs.com).
you don't *have* to partner it to a specific number. you can even msg it from yahoo or aim. the partnership is only really used if you don't allow responses to unpartnered devices. luckily, its p/w protected by the command line, so only you can actually find it where you are.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE, Galaxy S3

hyattdriver is becoming a great contributor

Try www.flexilis.com, its in beta and I have been using it for a few months, It has a remote wipe (nuke), scream, and locate function.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro