PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jacorome is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MyMixer Downloads

I just unlocked my HTC Diamond Touch and I'm trying to download ringtones from mymixer. My phone prompts " This is a protected file and cannot be downloaded." What can I do to get ringtones on my newly unlocked phone?
Old 03-11-2009, 04:48 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Re: MyMixer Downloads

Its got nothing to do with unlocked or not. I think Sprint blocked it somehow. My wife couldnt add anything from mymixer to her Instinct.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

jacorome is a n00b

I could do it before I unlocked the phone.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 @_@

johnnyeoneal is keeping up the good workjohnnyeoneal is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: MyMixer Downloads

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Its got nothing to do with unlocked or not. I think Sprint blocked it somehow. My wife couldnt add anything from mymixer to her Instinct.
I work at Sprint, and I know for fact you can download ringotnes from myxer.com, as well as create them, pick which part of song u want, and also adjust volume u recieve. I'm not sure if Mimixer is the same, but I am referring to Myxer.com or Myxertones.com (same thing). I beleive you couldn't with the first batch that came out, but make sure she is doing the updates...which come out almost weekly on the I
nstinct.. and she shd be fine. Also, if having trouble doin it from ur pc, then from the phone browser go to "m.myxer.com" and problem solved. I have had trouble with some phones not working with the website (Rant, Lotus, Instinct, etc), and update phone usually works, when all else fails, the other option I mentioned works to.

Note** You can manually check for updates on the instinct by goin to Settings, General, then scroll down and select Update Phone, etc.

Hopefully this helps, and as I said, I work at Sprint and have for a while. I manage the Orange Park Store and will be glad to help you with anything else you stumble accross.

If anyone has helped you, please don't forget the thanks button. I work at Sprint so if there is anything I can do or info I can give contribute to this site please feel free.

=D>

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:20 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Thanks. I've been having problems with getting ringers from myxxer.com on my iC902. Some of them come with the text messages that you click and takes you to the site and whatever, but when the ringers download they are really distorted.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

why depend on myxxer...when you can make YOUR own ringtones directly on your TP...even the stock ROM has the .mp3 trimmer. Most of the custom ROM's have it...if not, you can find the cab here some where.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 @_@

johnnyeoneal is keeping up the good workjohnnyeoneal is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Thanks. I've been having problems with getting ringers from myxxer.com on my iC902. Some of them come with the text messages that you click and takes you to the site and whatever, but when the ringers download they are really distorted.
Yea I have ran into similar issues myself. It's a sweet website, but nextel/iden phones are not supported. Ic902 is hybrid, which is basically a Sprint phone (thats why you can do it) and just has a nextel walkie talkie.

Note* Try these as well.... funformobile.com, zedge.net, 3gforfree.
funformobile works just like myxer but sometimes has a stuff I cant find on myxer

Last edited by johnnyeoneal; 03-11-2009 at 05:33 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro