PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gyrator...worth it??

Is the Gyrator app worth having and running in the background?? Any one care to comment on their experience?
Old 03-11-2009, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2 & Wanting Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Capsyze is keeping up the good workCapsyze is keeping up the good workCapsyze is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Gyrator...worth it??

I had it installed on my phone and ended up removing it after a few hours...i didnt like it personally...but everyonje's different!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

eballin is a n00b

i didnt like it to much. my main problem is when i was getting a incoming call it would freeze up, and i couldnt figure out how to fix that problem. so if i could find a way to fix that i would start using it again.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Best advice is try it out and see if it works for you. If you don't like, uninstall. That's what I did.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

jharp146 is just getting started

Here's the thing. When you install Gyrator 2 it is programmed to rotate the screen ALWAYS unless there is an exception created. It already has some exceptions pre-programmed into it such as Opera, TF3D, Teeter, YouTube, Camera, and a couple others. The problem that I had was creating exceptions for some programs that I don't want to rotate such as the phone and S2A. However, creating a new event, (exception,) isn't that hard and once you spend a few minutes creating them, then all is gravy. I love it. Another option is setting the long press send key to rotate the screen. That's what I used before Gyrator.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

I hated it, after attempting to use it in bed at night, it just angered me, it's useful at times but most of the time it's annoying... try it out for yourself!
Old 03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Gyrator gets installed on my phone everytime I flash. It's an essential part of creating the feel I like. I don't actually use it to rotate my screen though. Instead I have it set to turn my screen off and sleep when I place my phone face down. Also I've been playing with the ability to turn speakerphone on by laying it flat and turning speakerphone off when held upright. As for battery life, I never noticed any decrease leaving it running in the background nor any performance issues. Compared to flip it and some others I've tried, I think gyrator offers the most configurability.

Sorry everyone but IMHO, not to be a jerk but the people who complain how bad it was never took the time to configure it properly. Configured properly it works great!

Last edited by majorassface; 03-11-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

I use it. However, I found the best thing to do was, as soon as you install it, DELETE all the preinstalled rules. Then, as you use an app that you would like to rotate, ADD it to the list of things to rotate. This way you end up with a list of things to roate, instead of what not to rotate. A much less frustrating experience doing it this way.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I agree with most that I did not care for gyrator, it just wasn't an out-of-the-box solution. Which is why I also agree with major because had I taken the time to play with the settings and work with it, I might have really liked it.

OP, everyone here does agree on one thing though... just install it and try it. You can always uninstall it if, like many of us, it is not what you are looking for.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

i activate it mainly when i want to use Skyfire seeing as how that doesnt rotate on its own. other than that i usually have it off.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro