PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey
Re: Gyrator...worth it??

I used it for about 30 minutes......but as people already stated on here about the programming certain apps to NOT rotate and noticed after it was installed it took FOREVER to TF3D to startup....I dumped it.
THough I will try the one that was posted in this thread to try that one out.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

I don't use gyrator2 to rotate anymore - like others I found it annoying, mostly because the TP isn't all that fast to rotate (if it was instant...). Also using it in bed is indeed frustrating, though for me, always lying on one side (toward the nightstand) I found I could set the phone only to rotate into portrait and reverse landscape positions, and it would never rotate otherwise.

But I do use it in combination with pocket shield to suspend the phone when put face down, which is awesome. Just flip it over and it's locked and off.

***(This issue now fixed: see EDIT) -> The only problem I've been unable to solve so far is that when I flip the phone over during a call, the call is disconnected, but if I press the power button to suspend the phone during a call and *then* turn it over (after it's suspended already), the call stays connected. So something about the way gyrator2 suspends the phone appears to be disconnecting the active call.

EDIT: LOL I'm an idiot as usual, gyrator has a rule to hang up the phone on face down. So the advice to remove all the rules and start from scratch posted above was smart. I think I'll go through and evaluate them all, keeping on the ones I want. Awesome!

I should mention that I use a headset...I'm not putting the phone down just for kicks while on a call; it's a real-world scenario where I'm talking to someone and I want to suspend the phone and put it back in my pocket safely.

Last edited by haus; 03-20-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

izanagi is keeping up the good workizanagi is keeping up the good workizanagi is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
Gyrator gets installed on my phone everytime I flash. It's an essential part of creating the feel I like. I don't actually use it to rotate my screen though. Instead I have it set to turn my screen off and sleep when I place my phone face down. Also I've been playing with the ability to turn speakerphone on by laying it flat and turning speakerphone off when held upright. As for battery life, I never noticed any decrease leaving it running in the background nor any performance issues. Compared to flip it and some others I've tried, I think gyrator offers the most configurability.

Sorry everyone but IMHO, not to be a jerk but the people who complain how bad it was never took the time to configure it properly. Configured properly it works great!

Did you have any luck with enabling / disabling speakerphone?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro