PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (but i pay for sprint)

drizzo91 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Gyrator...worth it??

Quote:
Originally Posted by u8myfoood View Post
I hated it, after attempting to use it in bed at night, it just angered me, it's useful at times but most of the time it's annoying... try it out for yourself!
bow chika bow wow!

Its okay I do the same with my TP
Old 03-11-2009, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

farhaat2007 is just getting started

Use this its similar but works a little better its posted somewhere. I use to Use Gyrrator until I would get an incoming call. This program fixed that and very easy to use. Just write what ever program u dont want to rotate and it will work.Ex: write phone and it wont mess up during an incoming call.=D>=D>=D>=D>
Attached Files
File Type: cab changescreen_inst.cab (93.4 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-11-2009, 03:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

i loved Gyrator, but I couldnt stand that it takes over your device lock without permission I ran into problems with not being able to unlock my phone immediately after installation.

I gave up on the program.

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 03-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro (VZW)
Carrier: Verizon

Asphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAsphyx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I noticed a performance hit when I tried it and quickly dumped it. I'm sure as one poster noted that if I had taken the time to set up exceptions I might have gotten it to manageable levels....

Personally I think the program should not make exceptions for rotation and never rotate unless you set it to activate for a particular program. It would make configuration a snap as you could select from a listing of the programs/EXEs on the device and then gyrator would start off better out of the box.
You never want to rotate everything...you want to be able to pick what to rotate not what to ignore...I think thats where the perfomance hit came from...
I'll keep following the progress of the project though....
I would like some screens to autorotate to based on how I'm holding the unit. I'm surprised that HTC didn't include that feature in stock rom...
Old 03-11-2009, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro on VZW
Carrier: Verizon

bmb2n is becoming a great contributor

Gyrator also interferes with Text to Speak from iGO8.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I definitely agree that Gyrator is a good program, provided that you take the time to program it to your liking. SOmetimes it can get on my nerves though so I have to disable it temporarily when doing certain things, but I've set enough exceptions where I don't have to do that very often.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T
Threadstarter

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

this is the reason I started the thread...gyrator was one of the programs that I immediately loaded on my TP. However, after a day or so of "normal" use...I had to uninstall because of the performance issues and the annoyance of not having an exception when it was needed. the program pretty much took over my TP!!!

I have read here and there of many others championing this app...so I figure I'd ask and see what other user experience was to see if I even want to go back and try again!
Old 03-11-2009, 05:51 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhaat2007 View Post
Use this its similar but works a little better its posted somewhere. I use to Use Gyrrator until I would get an incoming call. This program fixed that and very easy to use. Just write what ever program u dont want to rotate and it will work.Ex: write phone and it wont mess up during an incoming call.=D>=D>=D>=D>
gyrator is a good program if you program it the way you like, correct. But programming gyrator is not user friendly. I figured it out, I don't care what anyone says the way you program gyrator is absolutely ridiculous. Even after watching the video it was difficult to figure out. I think i'm going to try you're program it seems a little more user friendly.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

farhaat2007 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
gyrator is a good program if you program it the way you like, correct. But programming gyrator is not user friendly. I figured it out, I don't care what anyone says the way you program gyrator is absolutely ridiculous. Even after watching the video it was difficult to figure out. I think i'm going to try you're program it seems a little more user friendly.
Thats the only reasons I switched the new program. Gyrator is good at first until I ran into several problems. It would always bother me that gyrator would always be running in the banckground and I always accidentally close it . Secondly, the like u said its not user friendly. I would always spend 5-10min figureing out how to make an exception to a new program that I download. Lastly, and probally the bigest reason I had to get rid of Gyrator was b/c the incoming call would always be landscape and would drive me crazy. Now I am finally happy with this program which is easy to use and works properly.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PhilR8 is just getting started

I used it for a few days and then uninstalled. I use HTC Long Press End Key to lock my phone, and Gyrator2 would rotate my TF3D screen when the device was locked. Bugged the hell out of me, and I never found out if/how to create an exception for the lock screen. I also decided that I don't really need it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro