PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Working WMP Skins

Does anyone have any working WMP skins for the TP? I've tried the ones over on XDA but they are not detected at all by WMP. Any ideas?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:23 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH
Re: Working WMP Skins

http://www.pocketpccentral.net/software/wm_skins.htm
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
I paid $1.99 for a skin from that site that claims it will work & it's not detected at all by WMP 10

~John
Old 03-11-2009, 04:24 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i use s2p and love it. i also started a thread on skins for it. ill get the link. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60626

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 03-11-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I paid $1.99 for a skin from that site that claims it will work & it's not detected at all by WMP 10

~John
Yeah, I found the reason, they are all QVGA (240x320) - the resolution and dpi are incorrect in the skn file and hence they will show up as options (you can open the skn in a text editor and see the definition of 240 x 320 x 96. You can edit the skn file to redefine the resolution and image placement, but the images are not appropriately sized, so this is of little use. Setting the skn to the proper resolution though will allow WMP to recognize it, it just won't be of any use (wrong DPI images are the wrong size) so the theme displays blank.

It seems SPB offers some for free download, all I've been able to find so far. http://www.spbclub.com/program_skins...%20Player%2010

The one that I tried does work fine - they are just not necessarily what I am looking for.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:59 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i use s2p and love it.
s2p is not a replacement for WMP, WMP is the only player that will correctly display a h.264 video.

~John
Old 03-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

Quote:
Originally Posted by krohnjw View Post
Yeah, I found the reason, they are all QVGA (240x320) - the resolution and dpi are incorrect in the skn file and hence they will show up as options (you can open the skn in a text editor and see the definition of 240 x 320 x 96. You can edit the skn file to redefine the resolution and image placement, but the images are not appropriately sized, so this is of little use. Setting the skn to the proper resolution though will allow WMP to recognize it, it just won't be of any use (wrong DPI images are the wrong size) so the theme displays blank.

It seems SPB offers some for free download, all I've been able to find so far. http://www.spbclub.com/program_skins...%20Player%2010

The one that I tried does work fine - they are just not necessarily what I am looking for.
well what r u looking for then???
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 03-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

Quote:
Originally Posted by krohnjw View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
s2p is not a replacement for WMP, WMP is the only player that will correctly display a h.264 video.

~John
my tcpmp will do it all day
Old 03-11-2009, 05:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
my tcpmp will do it all day
So does CorePlayer, but not as well as WMP

~John
Old 03-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
well what r u looking for then???
Other looks - the diamond QVGA theme over at XDA is quite nice but sadly only QVGA. It seems slim picking on VGA themes so far. I've sent a pm to see if the source files for the QVGA diamond them are available at a higher resolution for VGA, if they are it should be fairly trivial to whip up a proper skn.

Well, found one over at XDA that looks quite a bit better than the stock: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=455813

And a completed one if anyone else is looking: http://forum.htcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=533

Both do work in portrait and landscape.

Last edited by krohnjw; 03-11-2009 at 06:40 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro