PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Programs from storage card not showing up in programs tab

I've searched this forum for well over 2 hours trying to figure out any type of combination of words to have my question answered, but I didn't find one. I added a custom theme to my pro and by me doing that, all my programs from the storage card that were linked to the programs tab are not there. Im not saying that they are deleted, I can still access them from the storage card/program file folder, they just not listed in my programs tab on TF3D. I read in one post that its a simple reinstall, but I don't have none of the cabs I used. I usually delete those to make room for new one. Cut and paste to the phone was an option but I would use all the memory. I have TONS of programs on the 16gb card and I liked the ease of use with the programs tab but now that they are gone from it, its getting annoying. Any suggestions on how to add them back?
Old 03-11-2009, 11:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Programs from storage card not showing up in programs tab

If you installed on card, they would show up under listing Today>Programs
Old 03-11-2009, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I tried that and it didn't work. That takes me back to square one.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

go into Settings, Menus..............see if they show up in the list, if so, select them so that they will show up under Start
Old 03-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I install games to my storage card and rather than reinstalling after a flash, I will create a shortcut so that I can see them.

long click on whatever program you want and select copy, then go to My Device/Windows/Start Menu/Programs

If you are using the stock file explorer, the select Menu > Edit > Paste Shortcut.
You should be able to see in now in the programs list.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason25 View Post
I install games to my storage card and rather than reinstalling after a flash, I will create a shortcut so that I can see them.

long click on whatever program you want and select copy, then go to My Device/Windows/Start Menu/Programs

If you are using the stock file explorer, the select Menu > Edit > Paste Shortcut.
You should be able to see in now in the programs list.

That worked!! Now my life will get back to the normal chaos I was used to before this. Thanks jason25!!!!
Old 03-11-2009, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Glad you got it fixed, but I would highly recommend saving your .cab files on your storage card and on your home computer. You never know when something could go wrong and your information would be otherwise lost.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I am also one that saves CAB files on the card and the really important ones on the laptop. Good advise.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
Glad you got it fixed, but I would highly recommend saving your .cab files on your storage card and on your home computer. You never know when something could go wrong and your information would be otherwise lost.

From now on, i will most def save them all. Great Advice.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Glad to help.

I have a folder called cabs on my storage card that keep all my cab files in. I also have a Touch Pro folder at home and keep everything seperated nicely, from ROMs to cabs to WAD skins.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro