PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 11:48 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Low Volume Gone - Simple Fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyassfung View Post
Can you please post detailed instructions on how to do this? Thanks
Sure.
  1. With the phone on and the screen turned off, place phone in left hand with screen facing away from your palm.
  2. Press the power button at the top of the phone (all the way to the left in the very top) just once.
  3. If you are using a slide to unlock program, you'll need to refer to that software's instruction manual for directions on gaining access to your device.
  4. Once you've gained access to the phone, use your left thumb to press the button in the top left hand side of the phone. Careful, there are two buttons here, and you're looking for the one at the top. The one below this will lower your volume and potentially put your phone into what we call a "Vibrationalizing state" in which the phone becomes an uncontrollable object, moving on it's own back and forth literally hundreds of times per second.
  5. Once the correct volume button is pressed, a volume dialog should appear. Don't be afraid, this is normal. Continue to press the correct button on the side of the phone until all the bars in this dialog appear white (if you've gotten lost, refer to step 3.) This should indicate you are at maximum volume potential.
EDIT:
Disclaimer: I in no way take any responsibility for any damage to your phone caused by this fix.

Last edited by chronster; 03-11-2009 at 11:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priest View Post
Do I need to put the battery back in for this to work?
no. it should work fine without the battery.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:56 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
no. it should work fine without the battery.
Hmm. I haven't tested it without the battery. Can someone confirm this? I'm at work.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

HELP!! i tried it with the battery out to test for you and when i push the power button as mentioned in step 2 above my phone doesnt turn on!!!!one1! did i just brick my phone?
Old 03-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
HELP!! i tried it with the battery out to test for you and when i push the power button as mentioned in step 2 above my phone doesnt turn on!!!!one1! did i just brick my phone?
Unfortunately, yes. However I can fix it for you. Just pm me and I will send you my shipping address. Once fixed, I will ship it back to you and will include a free instructional video on volume changing, so that you don't brick it again.

And all this for the low, low price of $249.99 (plus tax, S&H and insurance).
Old 03-11-2009, 12:19 PM
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
damn dude. unfortunately yes, you did. i recommend taking it to the nearest Service Center (make sure the battery is still out tho, very important) and tell them something's wrong. they will simply give you a new Pro with no questions asked.

please remember to hit the THANKS button if i helped.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
damn dude. unfortunately yes, you did. i recommend taking it to the nearest Service Center (make sure the battery is still out tho, very important) and tell them something's wrong. they will simply give you a new Pro with no questions asked.

please remember to hit the THANKS button if i helped.
You trying to move in on my business?
Old 03-11-2009, 12:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
You trying to move in on my business?
my apologies. i didn't realize that i you had already posted the fix for his problem. i think having it property repaired by you will be a better solution than taking it to the Service Center anyway.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

crazyassfung is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Sure.
  1. With the phone on and the screen turned off, place phone in left hand with screen facing away from your palm.
  2. Press the power button at the top of the phone (all the way to the left in the very top) just once.
  3. If you are using a slide to unlock program, you'll need to refer to that software's instruction manual for directions on gaining access to your device.
  4. Once you've gained access to the phone, use your left thumb to press the button in the top left hand side of the phone. Careful, there are two buttons here, and you're looking for the one at the top. The one below this will lower your volume and potentially put your phone into what we call a "Vibrationalizing state" in which the phone becomes an uncontrollable object, moving on it's own back and forth literally hundreds of times per second.
  5. Once the correct volume button is pressed, a volume dialog should appear. Don't be afraid, this is normal. Continue to press the correct button on the side of the phone until all the bars in this dialog appear white (if you've gotten lost, refer to step 3.) This should indicate you are at maximum volume potential.
EDIT:
Disclaimer: I in no way take any responsibility for any damage to your phone caused by this fix.
Thanks! It's a miracle! I can finally hear the other person on the phone. BUT! I found these instructions does not work for the right hand.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
my apologies. i didn't realize that i you had already posted the fix for his problem. i think having it property repaired by you will be a better solution than taking it to the Service Center anyway.
Thank you. To be honest, I was a little offended. I put a lot of time and effort into learning how to fix this exact problem, not to mention the four years of school for my degree in Telephonic Volumology.

And anyway, the service center would not be able to offer an instructional video as I do. I have found that the video saves up to 13% of my customers from having the same problem again.

Last edited by rainfreak; 03-11-2009 at 12:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro