PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Change Start Menu Text To something else?

ok i did a search on "change start menu text" didnt find what i was looking for...

is there any way to change the "Start" on the screen to anything else like my name or something?

i mean i can change the icon next to it and i can even change the font its written in...but can i change the word?

Please help...Thanks

Orion

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Change Start Menu Text To something else?

In the first post of this thread is your answer
Old 03-10-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 @_@
Carrier: Sprint

johnnyeoneal is keeping up the good workjohnnyeoneal is keeping up the good work

Well there is a way, I've seen it done on SPJ "smartphonejunkie.com." Dash has his changed to "DASH" instead of "START." However, I do not know exactly how it can be accomplished. If I'm correct, I believe he had some help with that as well. So hopefully the answer will arise in this thread because I along with many others would love to play with that as well.

If anyone has helped you, please don't forget the thanks button. I work at Sprint so if there is anything I can do or info I can give contribute to this site please feel free.

=D>

Old 03-10-2009, 03:30 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

+1 for rainfreak, thats the easy way.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks RainFreak...well thats the post i had been in looking at it...and thats how i customized my taskbar and changed the start icon...anyways........

BUT...i cant find how to change the text..what am i doing wrong??????
heres what i do

open shellres.192.dll.0409.mui with ResHack. all i see is stuff for icons? so i can go to icon 321 and i cant change any lettering. is there something im doing wrong?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Did you unsign it first?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Did you unsign it first?
yes i used UnSigner.exe then opened it up...but in the instructions it says go to "string value 321" all i can find is "icon" and then go to 321 and it shows the windows flag?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

anyone? jw
Old 03-10-2009, 11:58 PM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionsbuckle View Post
thanks RainFreak...well thats the post i had been in looking at it...and thats how i customized my taskbar and changed the start icon...anyways........

BUT...i cant find how to change the text..what am i doing wrong??????
heres what i do

open shellres.192.dll.0409.mui with ResHack. all i see is stuff for icons? so i can go to icon 321 and i cant change any lettering. is there something im doing wrong?
It is actually in file shellres.dll.0409.mui not shellress.192.dll.0409.mui like you quoted. I know it is similar in name and don't worry I made that mistake the first time also.

Best of luck!

Last edited by MrHawaii; 03-11-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro||6850
Carrier: Smart Phone Junkie|| SPRINT

klone9d6r is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklone9d6r is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklone9d6r is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

let get things straight... i changed dash's text from 'START' to 'DASH'.. http://www.smartphonejunkie.com/show...ght=start+text, if anyone would like for me to make custom start icons/change the start menu text please feel free to request it over at smartphonejunkie.. i only say this bcuz i spend 99% of my time on the internet over there and little to no time anywhere else.. sorry if it to much to ask but u do get what u request in the long run.
Card: 8G
Carrier:
T-Mobile

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro