PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 03:10 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Camera Blur Gone - Simple Fix

thanks for the info!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: IPAQ, Treo 700WX, Treo 800W Mogul PPC 6800, Now HTC Touch Pro

ashimp1 is a n00b

This is awesome thank for the info. Now maybe I can use the camera as it was ment to be on the fly.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

bugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuff

when you're home at night try taknig a photo in the lgihting you have at night which isn't daytime lighting...you'll be shocked - you can take a nonblurry photo...even if you move the camera you can still get a perfectly still photo. It's beyond me why they didn't just make us aware of this from the start. If they said 'brightness = ISO' we would have had a functional camera a long time ago.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Ok wait a second wait a second wait a second....

12 thanks so far? Before we all go thanking bugsy through the roof, take a look here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57164

This guy already discussed how to get perfect images a month ago, and one of the things he mentioned was setting brightness to -2. He's only been thanked twice (once by me )

So yall should head to that thread and see what other findings he posted and give thanks where thanks is due.

well ill thank both of them im thanking bugsy though cus he was the one that has brought it to my attention...i will pass on thanks to this other guy though as well...thanks for the heads up

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mikey1234 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsy90 View Post
By simply changing the brightness level to -2.0 you will no longer have a blur - it's like changing the ISO on a camera and the FPS will jump by over 50%. check it out in full here:http://www.fuzemobility.com/decrease...camera-really/
anyone have this cab that this article references that ups the MP of our cameras?
Old 03-10-2009, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1234 View Post
anyone have this cab that this article references that ups the MP of our cameras?
You cannot change the MP of the camera without phyical changing out the some hardware if your camera has a limit of 3.2M and you want it to capture 5M.....the ISO the article is stating is the speed that the shutter is taking the picture..ie faster fps less blur and so on.....which has nothing to do with uping the MP of the camera.

What you are referring to is the "Panoramic Photo" hack in the article.
It Quotes:
"By default the Fuze is set to an astonishing .67mp and with a simple cab file it goes up to 6.92mp. I just tested it out and my sample photo went from 85.5k to 799.2k in size which is the right direction "

HKLM/Software/HTC/Camera/P3
Adjust MainCamCaptSize to 1024 and MainCamSupportCaptSize to 1744
Don't just say "Thanks"....give

Last edited by Unknown Zone; 03-10-2009 at 05:49 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:35 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1234 View Post

You can up the mp of panoramic photos, but it's really just 3 3.2mp photos lined up together: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=467616

other than that, 3.2 is the highest you can go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsy90 View Post
when you're home at night try taknig a photo in the lgihting you have at night which isn't daytime lighting...you'll be shocked - you can take a nonblurry photo...even if you move the camera you can still get a perfectly still photo. It's beyond me why they didn't just make us aware of this from the start. If they said 'brightness = ISO' we would have had a functional camera a long time ago.
Lowering the brightness to -2 was literally one of the first things I did for better image. I mean dang, if I had known nobody else touched that setting I would have commented on the improvement ages ago.

I'm really honestly surprised at the reaction to this "find". Also, the blur isn't "gone" just improved. As I said before, the thread title is misleading.

Somebody had posted a while back also that if you open the camera app in low light, the FPS improve. So in other words, holding your hand over the light sensor and camera while opening up the camera app supposedly ups the fps slightly. I don't see much difference but people reported they too saw a difference.

Last edited by chronster; 03-10-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:49 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I never read the other thread so thats why I thanked this OP. Its not that big of a deal.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

bugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuff

i never read the other one either and it looks like I'm with the majority here...wish I knew about it a while ago though.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Deltatristar500 is keeping up the good workDeltatristar500 is keeping up the good work

Good find...thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro